Poor design

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Palini

Poor design

Post by Palini »

I don't wanna come off as too negative, but I tried this game yesterday. The design and adaptation for this game is "problematic", imho. It's VERY difficult to seperate your villages from your opponents, and it's even troublesome trying to figure out which path is yours or your opponents, or even if it ends or not... There should be clearer colors separating all trails and villages. I wanna add I played this on PC, and I know you can magnify, but playing this on the mobile phone has to be near to impossible?
Mat52

Re: Poor design

Post by Mat52 »

Il faut bien gérer les zooms, c’est vrai. Sans cela, sur mobile ou pc, le graphisme est compliqué pour le déchiffrage (le passage de tunnels et la fusion des chemins sont une torture...!).
La version plateau doit sûrement en être à l’opposé car les contrastes des feuillages avec les couleurs des chemins en font un visuel plutôt reposant et pour le coup bien féérique (celtic art power ✊🏼). Le choix des entrelacs tortueux façon Brocéliande , extensibles et déviants presque à souhaits, exige une vision globale du jeu, et c’est ce qui fait un peu défaut dans la version numérique actuelle.

A creuser peut-être...
MadeleineBowie

Post by MadeleineBowie »

For me it is very good, hypnotic and exactly what real fairy trails should be. But I am kind of artist, I see all these paths realy easily. I can imagine it may be hard for people not working with colours.....
lesslucid

Post by lesslucid »

I have no trouble, but in real life my partner had a lot of trouble seeing the separate paths. Just inherent in the design, I think.
captainstone79

Post by captainstone79 »

Listen that is the challenge fo the game. You need to be able to follow all your trails and not finish the wrong ones which is definetely challenging.
I am completely sure that the design is as intended.
Its a good game to learn again to stay focused and get the whole "big picture"

And well, my 5 year old son did get the principle fo the game already, of cours his strategy is less planned, but it seems not to be that big problem.

Return to “Fairy Trails”