DICE THEME PARK: Where dreams come from the dice.

Board Game Arena Official announcements
permagoof

Re: DICE THEME PARK: Where dreams come from the dice.

Post by permagoof »

I have to echo the issues others have noticed. In my several years of using BGA, this is by far the worst playing experience I've had. The game is great, like it better than Dice Hospital, but wow, who approved this buggy, obtuse implementation?

The way the options for operation just disappear during simultaneous play as other players take actions during synchronous play is just painful. "Here I go to click on a button -- oh no, it's disappeared. Waiting...waiting...there it is again, quick, click -- oh no, beaten to the punch! Waiting....waiting; hold on, what did I want to click again?"

This one is not ready for prime time.
Navigat0r88

Re: DICE THEME PARK: Where dreams come from the dice.

Post by Navigat0r88 »

I have to agree with the previous comments about the awful interface. It is particularly frustrating when trying to "confirm" various moves (say, operating and moving to another hex, or resetting/undoing/ending my turn) that many of the buttons I would need to push disappear as the game "updates the situation" based on other players moves. This might not be an issue in a turn based game or in a game where players make only a few moves, but in this game where multiple players make over a dozen moves simultaneously (or more, if you reset) it means there is not an insignficant amount of time where I am unable to lock in my own moves. This also adds to some of the other interface issues that have been mentioned (for example the rather obtuse way of selecting multiple dice to operate and move) as the messages explaining how to do so are obfuscated along with the buttons that allow you confirm moves.

Please improve the interface.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”