Terrible system for chess

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
RaisinBranCrunch

Terrible system for chess

Post by RaisinBranCrunch »

A guy just quit the game because I had forced mate on the board and I get 68% of elo because "68% of the game was played"? lol Not a good system for a 2 player game.
Tisaac

Re: Terrible system for chess

Post by Tisaac »

RaisinBranCrunch wrote: 04 December 2022, 23:03 A guy just quit the game because I had forced mate on the board and I get 68% of elo because "68% of the game was played"? lol Not a good system for a 2 player game.
There is a difference between quiting and conceding. Quiting is a "bad" move, resulting in penalties, but is still an option if you finally have an urgent things to do for instance. In this case, there are usually no global easy way to determine with 100% guarantee for all games who would have win, so BGA always consider the quiting player as loser, but take the ratio of ELO gain/loss depending on game progression when quited.
On the other hand, conceding in 2p game is a completely normal end of game and thus the conceding player will be considered as a loser for the game.
FSKFSK

Post by FSKFSK »

Chess is a game that's best played on other websites. It really doesn't translate well to BGA. It isn't worth developer time to improve chess vs. adding other new games.
RaisinBranCrunch

Post by RaisinBranCrunch »

I agree this website isn't for chess. I just thought it was funny and would share that note. I could see a similar issue in other two player games, though.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Don't forget that they also receive a karma penalty for quitting the game, rather than conceding.

Return to “Suggestions”