Arena Points

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Jeronimon

Re: Arena Points

Post by Jeronimon »

Do we play for points or do we play for enjoyment off the game?

Over at DoW the ELO system was flawed too.
Wiking44

Post by Wiking44 »

Jeronimon wrote: 05 December 2022, 00:15 Do we play for points or do we play for enjoyment off the game?

I play for both but what we are referring to is the "Arena Mode" which is competitive ranking system where you earn points to advance up the ladder from Bronze to Elite is the goal and not really worry about ELO
When I play for fun only, I use "simple mode" or training mode
MagnusNygaard

Post by MagnusNygaard »

Jeronimon wrote: 05 December 2022, 00:15 Do we play for points or do we play for enjoyment off the game?

:)

Giving stakes to a game is a way to make it more enjoyable - which is why I like the idea of Arena. But I've never been one to just think "good enough" about anything I like. :) If I didn't care I'd just shrug and leave it be.
PaskinsP

Post by PaskinsP »

It should definitly be that winning vs a 3+ lower league player still gives at least a minimal reward.

Not all games can have "Ticket to Ride-style" volume of players, where there are plenty at all levels.

Someone should post this on "Bugs/Suggestions"
MagnusNygaard

Post by MagnusNygaard »

PaskinsP wrote: 06 December 2022, 11:41 It should definitly be that winning vs a 3+ lower league player still gives at least a minimal reward.
Not all games can have "Ticket to Ride-style" volume of players, where there are plenty at all levels.
Someone should post this on "Bugs/Suggestions"
I mean, I'm still new to BGA - but it must be a problem for other games as well. The volume of players, I mean.
Randwulf

Post by Randwulf »

Yeah, I gotta go with Magnus on this… a win should have a minimum reward. Even the best of us can roll crappy dice and pull lousy cards every now and then ( sometimes it feels like all the time ) so the chance to lose to a low level player is real. Just starting off I want to play higher levels because I win more points that way. Ten years ago I was in the top ten players on the Days of Wonder game. Then my computer changed to an iPad so I quit playing. But I’m back… and looking for new vict… um… new players ! Yeah new players from all around the world.
Master Randwulf

It will quit hurting when the pain stops.

Knowledge is Power. Power corrupts.
Study hard, be EVIL...

Return to “Memoir 44”