Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
miklomike

Re: New lobby (integrated to game page)

Post by miklomike »

sourisdudesert wrote: 02 December 2022, 09:02
When you opt for rematch and are taken to this new lobby page, there is no option to restrict the game to friends, a certain ELO level, etc.
Yes, as said previously, this is going to be available in the near future, but there are alternatives or you can still use old lobby (please read previous answers).
Yes but that's why we all asking that rematches be routed through the old lobby, because you are forcing it into the new lobby that cannot handle it. Also a rematch doesn't even need the new OR old lobby, it should just go straight to that tables page.
sourisdudesert wrote: 02 December 2022, 09:02
miklomike wrote: 02 December 2022, 06:42 As to your comment on ELO games with no time limit, this is my default game against friends as it lets you play many turns live if you are able, or go days without playing either (longer than you could with a turn based game). But no one should ever be stuck since games end on their own after 90 days anyways.
The best for you is to set "Game Speed" to the "Infinite sign" (= training mode). This way, there is no time limit, and no one is stuck in the game because there are no penalties either.
As others have repeated, none of US are getting stuck. Since you can only do no time limit with friends I don't see how anyone is getting stuck. We WANT to play no time limit, but why should we be penalized by not earning ELO. Again having a rematch direct straight to the table page (avoiding ALL lobbies) would solve this problem.
Sheba-leila

Post by Sheba-leila »

ich spiele hauptsächlich am tablet. die neue lobby ist so was von bunt da ich immer die detoskop aneige an habe habe ich kleinere bilder und da bekommt man einen augenkrebs bei den wilden farben. ausserdem kann man nicht mehr mehrere spielgesuche gleichzeitig starten was bei nicht so oft gespielten spielen praktisch ist und die suche doch erleichtert wenn man mehrer spiele sucht. bei der alten lobby kommt halt immer noch das die verbindung unterbrochen ist. es ist einfach alles unübersichtlicher und vollgemüllt mit sachen die keiner braucht.
menettm

Post by menettm »

Je n'aime pas du tout trouver ce nouvel affichage sur la page des tournois. :evil:

Je viens de louper un tournoi des Aventuriers du rail "blitz" (https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=179134) car il m'a été proposé sur la page du tournoi à l'heure du démarrage de ce tournoi de jouer une partie. J'ai cru que c'était ma partie du tournoi.
J'ai joué cette partie en 8 minutes (https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=323300190) et à la fin de celle-ci, j'ai découvert que je n'étais pas sur une partie du tournoi.
Le temps d'aller sur la bonne page (https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=323309930), j'ai découvert que la partie était déjà terminée et que j'avais perdu 20+10 points alors que j'aurai dû rencontrer des adversaires un peu plus faible que moi...

Pour moi, ce qu'il y a vraiment à revoir c'est de ne pas proposer d'autres choix sur la page d'un tournoi que la/les partie/s nous concernant dans ce tournoi et pas autre chose. :ugeek:

Cordialement. menettm.
Shobu

Post by Shobu »

I opened a room/table without noticing it... the problem is it was impossible to close that room (searching for 2 players) ... it's only several hour later when i got back to my PC that i noticed a "cancel" button (it was not displayed on mobile)
Vynce

Post by Vynce »

New lobby is terrible and buggy.
Sheba-leila

Post by Sheba-leila »

Na toll, jetzt kann man die Demoskopie Website nicht mehr aufrufen. Die Seite hängt sich auf und dann kommt die kleine Version. Sehr unpraktisch auf dem tablet. Cookies akzeptiert und trotzdem hängt sich die alte lobby nach jedem spiel auf. Und auf der neuen Seite hab ich keine Möglichkeit gefunden mehrere Spiele bei automatischer spielerische zu starten.
CanuckEddie

Post by CanuckEddie »

I'm not even sure how to report the bugs I'm experiencing.

First, not being able to restrict to friends only is a big problem. We use the site for our weekly board game night still. We don't want randos. Using the new interface makes us nervous.

I see the old interface is stated to be available - how do I invoke it?

The invite interface is way worse flow. I now have to go position by position instead of using the same widget multiple times. I am doing the same thing multiple times. Using the same widget makes sense.

When starting a table, the buttons I need are below the bottom of the page I'm on. I have to scroll before I can do the work I want to do. ....for what reason? Do I really need to appreciate the game art that much?

Once scrolled, the interface I'm using takes up AT BEST 33% of the screen. Games with lots of options require additional scrolling to configure.

I definitely like the idea of getting more modern in the design. But...that is three flagrant violations of human centric design principles? Oh great. I get to be THAT guy today.

This needs to be reconsidered, revised, and rebaked to a considerable degree. This is pretty, but the usability is bad.

As for bugs: Many times I have started a game but been left at the game page. We all had to go to our games in progress independently to find it.
PilviTheCloud

Post by PilviTheCloud »

I don't know do I do something wrong or it works very badly on my phone. When I want to play a game from this main page of the game it often invites a friend (while I can't see any feature that I have invited a friend), sometimes it starts with random people while I invited a friend, sometimes I try to put not training mode and it keeps sliding it back to training mode if i dont push play fast enough. Sometimes I get many games. Then I can't always open the wrong invites to cancel them. Basically only solution to play it well is to add it on my games list where I can then start the game without all those troubles. And I feel there was something else weird happening...
ShadowcatMD

Post by ShadowcatMD »

While in practice it's a good idea to be able to start a game from the game page, and it's good that it's available, I'm not a fan to be sent there after I hit rematch. I think it's not perfect, as after I hit rematch for hanabi, somehow, my partner and I ended up with multiple turn based table open at once.
ufm

Post by ufm »

New lobby does not handle alpha games correctly: it generates non-training mode alpha games.
https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=77145

Return to “Discussions”