[resolved] Trek 12 - At Home board - Hands Clean scoring

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
SquashEngineer

[resolved] Trek 12 - At Home board - Hands Clean scoring

Post by SquashEngineer »

[Update Edit] - I think I understand now :oops: - the Clean Hands bonus is simply an offset of the Contact penalty. The best you can do between these combined score boxes is zero. For a strategy, I would only consider putting a zero in the Entrance circle - otherwise you risk not making the line, and taking a minus Contact penalty.

On the Trek 12 At Home board, there is a scoring box for the Hands Clean bonus. However, there is never ANY score that can go in this box other than zero (0) because the Hands Clean bonus is actually only a condition, and does not produce any actual score.
Am I reading this wrong? What was the point of putting the bonus scoring box in there, if the only value that ever goes in there is zero?
I have played a number of times on BGA, and the box is ALWAYS zero for everybody.
Is that weird? Game design oversight? Needed something to fill the space on the player board?
[Update Edit] - I completed the line from Front Door to Sink - 1(at the door)-2-3-4. I received a score of 1 in the Hands Clean box and -1 in the Contact box. Is the scoring based on the value in the first circle at the door??? If I started the line at the door with value 6 (at the door)-5-4-3, would I get a six point score for the Hands Clean bonus? The risk is, that if you put a high value in the door circle, but don't make it to the sink later, you incur the additional reduced higher score of the Contact penalty???
[ACTUALLY] - Now I see that there is A BUG in the scoring for this game - my Contact penalty should have been reduced to zero (because I DID create the Hands Clean line !!!!!)

Also: It seems odd to me that the Contact and Weight Gain scoring boxes could have been aligned with their description by simply swapping the position of their icons. What happened here?

Don't read too much into my comments - I still love Trek 12 (all the boards - keep more coming). I just find some of the design decisions odd.
(... and don't get me started on THAT tutorial - phew!!!!)

Return to “Trek 12”