An information the game shouldn't give

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Metalmaster

An information the game shouldn't give

Post by Metalmaster »

Hi
Not sure if this should be considered a bug or if it is meant that way.

I recently noticed that the game always shows the recto of every card that has been played, even when they were played on the other side.
I'd like to be proven wrong but i don't think that the rules says you are allowed to have that information, if a card is played with the back side up you only know it's colour and if it's a golden one or not.
It may seem like nothing but when you play a 5 points card (the one per colour for 5 ressources) face down, you may not want your opponent to know it's gone.
VKV FR

Re: An information the game shouldn't give

Post by VKV FR »

Hi Metalmaster,

How does the game "show the recto of every card that has been played"?
Note : I'm not currently playing any game, so I can't test that condition.
Do you see that information only for your own cards, or also when looking at the game zone of other players?

I would agree that it should not be a visible information, as one could draw the card face down from the pile, and then play it face down too, hiding the recto from the other player(s).

VKV
Nastaa

Post by Nastaa »

The log shows the recto of every card played (no matter if it was played face up or down) to every player. I agree when the card is placed face down the only information available should be color and whether it's a resource or a gold card, as when playing with the physical game.

I opened a bug report: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=73125
Metalmaster

Post by Metalmaster »

Nice, i've never done that before, didn't really know how to proceed.
Thank you for the bug report.

Return to “CODEX Naturalis”