How do you screen a ship?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Steve N

How do you screen a ship?

Post by Steve N »

In my current game (321261148) I have two raiders in a stack. They have been attacked by a single BC and one of my raiders has taken a hit.

I'd like to screen the damaged raider and the UI has asked me to "screen up to 1 spaceship". When I select the raider stack I can't see what to click on next. Available options are "scuttle one spaceship", "no more available counters" and "cancel". When I click on "no more available counters" - which is the only option that seems to make any sense I am prompted to "screen up to 1 spaceship" again. I've tried clicking elsewhere on the UI but to no avail.

What am I doing wrong? And will the UI automatically screen the damaged raider? I seem unable to split the stack at this point.
Lunalol

Re: How do you screen a ship?

Post by Lunalol »

If you have two raiders in same group and can screen only one ship, you must split group before.
But if you have already reached counter limits, you can't split them, so you can't screen one ship.
Steve N

Post by Steve N »

Thank you. That will be it. I was at the counter-limit.

Shall I file that as a bug? There was nothing to tell me that was the nature of the problem. I just seemed to be stuck in a loop.

Really enjoying the game, by the way. Thank you for all your work!
tarkalak

Post by tarkalak »

You can scuttle another group, or merge two groups elsewhere if they are together in the same hex and mergeable.
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

It is not a bug.

Return to “Space Empires: 4X”