Plateau 9x9?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Manu McFly

Plateau 9x9?

Post by Manu McFly »

Bonsoir,
Est-il possible de jouer au puissance 4, en mode arène, et sur un vrai plateau ?
ufm

Re: Plateau 9x9?

Post by ufm »

viewtopic.php?f=246&t=19107

What is 'real board'? 6x7 is just the default board. That's it.
kytbell

Post by kytbell »

Manu, je suis d’accord. Les autres jeux BGA ne se jouant pas en Arena avec des adaptations. Pourquoi Connect Four? C’est mieux d’avoir des plus grands plateaux comme options mais pas enforcer.
ufm

Post by ufm »

Arena mode is for competition, but base C4 is solved and solvers are readily available.
Unless all the solver users in base games leave forever, no chance.
This has been done to death. If you want plain 6x7, stick with normal mode.
Thanks for the red thumb.
Last edited by ufm on 06 February 2022, 02:56, edited 1 time in total.
kytbell

Post by kytbell »

All games on BGA are competitive. Even training mode has a winner and a loser. Are you the sole decision maker in this area? The original concern expressed here and on the other thread where you have taken a similarly rude and accusative tone still stands: The vast majority of Arena games on BGA are the base games. The base game of Connect Four is the smaller board, which is what the original poster, Manu McFly, very politely asked about. I upvoted their suggestion because I think it's a valid suggestion. I understand your concern about people cheating, but that's going to happen no matter what BGA does.

May I ask, as I have on another thread, why you believe you have the power to make these decisions unilaterally? Are you a BGA employee? Or are you just another player, like us, except you're acting like you're the king of Connect Four? It's okay to disagree with other players. But I would ask, as I did in the other thread, that you just lower the aggressive tone. There's no reason for anyone to be territorial, demeaning, or impolite. It's a GAME.

(Desolee, Manu, que cette response est en anglais.)
ufm

Post by ufm »

terenabell wrote: 06 February 2022, 00:50 May I ask, as I have on another thread, why you believe you have the power to make these decisions unilaterally? Are you a BGA employee? Or are you just another player, like us, except you're acting like you're the king of Connect Four? It's okay to disagree with other players. But I would ask, as I did in the other thread, that you just lower the aggressive tone. There's no reason for anyone to be territorial, demeaning, or impolite. It's a GAME.
It is obvious you didn't even bother to investigate on this topic then: viewtopic.php?f=246&t=22675
I'm neither a king nor an employee. Again, this was a collective decision.
You taunted me first by denouncing my work and then ask to lower the tone... I'll not reply anymore. Just stop whining.
SluggerBaloney

Post by SluggerBaloney »

Deleted
Last edited by SluggerBaloney on 12 January 2024, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.
SluggerBaloney

Post by SluggerBaloney »

Deleted
Last edited by SluggerBaloney on 12 January 2024, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
voriki

Post by voriki »

Why should the game be removed? In worst case they could remove the competitiveness and remove ELO altogether from the game before they should even consider removing it. This would lower the odds of someone cheating even less, but also turn off some of the rightful players... but still better than removing it.

Ofcourse people can still cheat larger boards, but the quantity of cheating players is heavily decreased, and as you stated, there are boundaries to this cheating method.
Ceaseless

Post by Ceaseless »

There doesn't seem to be much, if any cheating going on even on 6x7. I blunder into wins even as I'm breaking 600. Using a 6x7 solver on a larger isn't going to do a very good job either.

Return to “Connect Four”