Why loosing points when we don't even play ?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Maddguez

Why loosing points when we don't even play ?

Post by Maddguez »

Why do we have to lose points when we couldn't even play ?

As a renegade I was the last player in the turn, got jailed twice from the start and get lynched by others.

I get it, this is a game. I don't mind.

But why should I lose 10% of my points (19) ? It's so unfair, why should I get penalty for some game I didn't even played ? 😭

I thought penalties or rewards came with the way we play not the cold result.
Ez0ah

Re: Why loosing points when we don't even play ?

Post by Ez0ah »

Well, sorry you had a game like that.
Yes, ELO changes are awarded exclusively from the cold results, because it’s something everyone can understand. You are complaining about it being decided on score, now imagine how much complaining there would be if it was decided out of subjective quality of play, especially in a social deduction game.
Maddguez

Post by Maddguez »

Here is the answer from BGA

"It's not game developers who assign ELO. We cannot set you as winner in this case because you are not winning. And that's everything we can control.
I'm sorry you haven't had a turn in the game but there's nothing we can do or fix on that matter"

But I think there's a way if the player couldn't draw any cards before diying they can set his score as a draw (half point of the winner) or more accurately give him 0 points like for the people who quit the game before diying.
Ez0ah

Post by Ez0ah »

ELO gain/loss is a uniform system for every game on BGA (for competitive games at least). So the system doesn’t even take into account what game you are playing before calculating the new ELO.
Sure, you could have exceptions but that would mean a lot of extra work for the devs, who probably aren’t interested in developing this anyway, and would lead to even more complaints. Imagine the same situation, but your team wins, and you gain 0 ELO because you didn’t play. You would argue that you draw attention to you rather than teammates, had an intangible influence on the game… You would need a referee over every game to award ELO and people would still complain.
At the end of the day, you had a frustrating game, which is a very real possibility when you play a game with both luck of the draw and heavy interaction. Best to move on and forget about this one.

Return to “Bang”