Alexandria and Olympia

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
ElThoesen

Re: Alexandria and Olympia

Post by ElThoesen »

shreyuz wrote: 08 December 2022, 14:49 You must keep an eye on the blue cards in the 2nd Age
I never realized it, but I think the most success I've had with Alexandria is when doing this.
shreyuz wrote: 08 December 2022, 14:49 5.If you are next to an experienced Rhodos, the game becomes very hard
I've never had a good experience with Olympia where I deviate from my plan to go all out with war. If you're next to Rhodes, yeah, that's gonna be a bad time. I'd consider it almost essential to playing the wonder, unless you're going to go for a super disruptive strategy aimed at throwing every opponent off. I.e. if you're in 5 player and the science wonders aren't your neighbors, if you happen to get a chance to take greys in age 1 and splash or primary science, it throws off the mechanics as people are used to.

But to get to the core of the original thread: Alexandria and Olympia aren't fun to play at a high level. You survive them, you won't win with them most of the time. I just got Olympia 3 times in a row... and got third all three times.

Return to “7 Wonders”