Penalization for others dropping out.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Reximusx

Penalization for others dropping out.

Post by Reximusx »

I had 2 games tonight where I was in the lead or second and a person with a low score dropped out. In the game I was leading it was 53 vp to 20 something. I ended up second with only a +10 ELO and the person who was 3rd was listed as first. Someone else in the chat said people were doing that to keep the leaders from getting more points. Could you remove the penalty for people dropping on the last couple of turns and penalize the people who do it.?
Remkar

Re: Penalization for others dropping out.

Post by Remkar »

The other player didn't drop out, they used up their allotted time, which then allows others to end the game. Rasellman opted to boot the player that was out of time and end the game. That makes the game invalid, with the booted player getting a loss (and a karma penalty), and everyone else ending in a tie for 1st. So, you did win, but it was a tie.

This isn't a Space Base specific thing, though, that is just the default as to how BGA operates across the board with all games.

The person that ran out of time and was booted has an insanely low karma. The best way to avoid this is to not play with people like that. Filter low karma players out.

Also, if you think the player that ran out of time would have played if given a little more time, and you think Rasellman booted him just to help his ELO, you can red thumb them so you won't play with him again.
Shazzypaz

Re: Penalization for others dropping out.

Post by Shazzypaz »

I've had trouble with this too in Arena mode - players disappearing on the last turn when they don't win. I didn't realize until just now that you can set preferences for player reputation for Arena by clicking on the gear. I get an error when I first set the reputation to be "very restrictive" but it seems to accept it. Time will tell.

Return to “Space Base”