DISTRICT NOIR: Hard Boiled Tea for Two.

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

DISTRICT NOIR: Hard Boiled Tea for Two.

Post by DrClick »

Smoking guns, sharp hats, dangerous dames, fast talking and high trousers– what’s not to love about Film Noir?

First released as 聖杯サクセション (Throne and Grail), District Noir is a two-player game with risk-taking, bluffing and set collection.
Each round players receives five cards in their hand. On each turn you either play one card from your hand to the end of the line or- once per round- collect the most recently played five cards. Once all of the hand cards have been played, five new cards are dealt to each player and the next round starts. The game ends after four rounds.

Some cards have positive or negative numbers on them, and you score these points directly when you pick them up. Other cards are numbered 5-8, and you score 5-8 points for a value if you have more of those cards than the other player. Additionally, you score 5 points for each set of 5-8 that you have collected. And although normally points decide the winner: if you collect all three of the special cards, each of which are worthless on their own, you win immediately.

As you can read, it is pretty straightforward. But there is more in it than the apparent simplicity.
It is more about forcing your opponent to make bad choices than doing the right thing for yourself.
It as deep, has gorgeous artwork, and is a very original and tricky card game for two. And they are not THAT common these days.

Check the game page now, there are plenty of things for you to discover!
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?ga ... ndthegrail

You can of course learn the game using the fast tutorial by clicking here.

Thanks to the work and authorization from Spiral Edition, the publisher, and game designers Nao Shimamura & Nobutake Dogen, the game in its latest version is available for you to play online with the Vincent Roché artwork.
The online version you can play on our platform was developed by MathieuV and we want to send our warmest thanks for his work!

And... That's it for today!
It's Monday and there are plenty of new things coming soon to BGA.
So stay tuned, take care and play fair!
francs2000

Re: DISTRICT NOIR: Hard Boiled Tea for Two.

Post by francs2000 »

But why is there the silhouette of a Simpsons character in the main image? It seems a little incongruous with the rest of the image to me.
Stu_1977_SEmelb

Post by Stu_1977_SEmelb »

francs2000 wrote: 07 November 2022, 14:11 But why is there the silhouette of a Simpsons character in the main image? It seems a little incongruous with the rest of the image to me.
Because Ned appears in all of their game announcements.

Why that is exactly, I have still not been able to find out.
Stu_1977_SEmelb

Post by Stu_1977_SEmelb »

Is this available to play with original artwork as well?
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

Great game, but please fix the ridiculously short timer--I've yet to play a game without getting penalized for playing too slow.
Lynx126

Post by Lynx126 »

I have the same problem with the timer. It should reset at every turn, it looks like a bug
marcliveira

Post by marcliveira »

stupid sexy flanders

Return to “Official announcements [en]”