Opinion on Game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Kenku

Opinion on Game

Post by Kenku »

Figure I'll be one of the first.

So...I saw this come up a couple days ago and thought "ah cool a soccer game I'll check it out". After playing a few rounds this I rate it a "Meh"

The reason I rate it that way is the game is too random in play, in that your fate is primarily based on the rolls of the D20. This does mean it has a bit of simulation flavor to it...but the way of the dice really throws any sort of strategy out the window. For example: in the first game, I had 14 shots, but only scored once, and that score was off a corner kick, which is simply an additional die roll from a shot result. Also for someting that is trying to be Simulator, the rate of Yellow Cards is insane. All and all...Meh. A neat idea but way too random to be fun.

BGA UI wise, I think the setup is pretty nice, though it would be nice if it auto skipped if a player couldn't defend, as that is alot of needless clicking.
hasi6562

Re: Opinion on Game

Post by hasi6562 »

Tut mir leid die anleitung ist für mich als fussball Laie unverständlich. Gibt bessere fussball spiele wie zum Beispiel Street soccer. Da braucht man kein Studium für die regeln und macht auch spass.
AlbionLoveDen

Post by AlbionLoveDen »

I hear what you're saying and somewhat agree, but I do like the 'reality' of the game overall. I've played a few games now and haven't had any major issues with yellow/reds.

Your suggestion of auto skipping defenceless moves would make it bothersome. In fact, the auto-rolling of the die annoys me - I want to hit a button! Particularly in penalties.
Murrur

Post by Murrur »

I played one game, and unlikely will play another. I was running around my opponent's goal for a quite some time, but couldn't make goal, since I didn't have the right card for it (never got one in the first place...). My opponent on the other hand couldn't do anything, since they didn't get defence cards in the starting hand. In the end game my hand was full of goal scoring cards but no movement so I could not move and try to use them, and my opponent had no goal making cards and just movement, so they couldn't do anything either. I couldn't defence as I had no red cards and they couldn't try to make goal since they never got any orange cards... After long and boring match, neither of us could score any points and the game was decided with computer throwing dice in the end. My opponent won after 15 seconds of computer throwing dice, and my actions had no effect to end result. Not very satisfying experience!!
rafiki_33

Post by rafiki_33 »

hasi6562 wrote: 30 December 2020, 17:47 Street soccer.
Street Soccer is not available on BGA is it? Where would one find that game?
hasi6562

Post by hasi6562 »

Vor 3 Jahren war es noch auf Bsw. Man findet es unter archivspiele. Auf lobby klicken dann nochmal lobby dann kommen alle archivspiele.
Last edited by hasi6562 on 13 January 2021, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
hasi6562

Post by hasi6562 »

BGA hat es nicht. Ist ein reines Glücksspiel mit Würfel. Für taktiker nicht geeignet.
furryjeff

Post by furryjeff »

I'm in agreement with most that has been said, I've stopped defending in the last zone as your more likely to give a penalty than they are in scoring by there own efforts, all in all it needs a bit of work.
NoLuckAndNoSkill

Post by NoLuckAndNoSkill »

Perhaps I'd like the game more if scoring wasn't so difficult. You have to roll a 20 when trying to make a goal. Add to that how you need cards for that, meaning you're at the mercy of the deck.

The odds of making a goal are way low for a game like this one.
SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

I used to play "Street Soccer" online, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I don't think that site is active anymore.

Return to “Big Time Soccer”