DINNER IN PARIS: The "Plat de résistance"

Board Game Arena Official announcements
JMowery

Re: DINNER IN PARIS: The "Plat de résistance"

Post by JMowery »

Great game. Unfortunately, the BGA implementation here is awful. Everything is too small. Can't see the necessary info on the player boards and other various aspects of the game. PLEASE improve this interface. I'd really love to have a good version of this game on BGA!
Loenix34

Post by Loenix34 »

Please consider using the Bugs & Suggestions section to report bugs and suggestions:
https://boardgamearena.com/bugs?game=1612
xate

Post by xate »

JMowery wrote: 26 December 2022, 21:16 Great game. Unfortunately, the BGA implementation here is awful. Everything is too small. Can't see the necessary info on the player boards and other various aspects of the game. PLEASE improve this interface. I'd really love to have a good version of this game on BGA!
Please remember that behind every game adaptation are people. People who have spent their time and energy to bring you great games to play. People with feelings. If you run into problems with the game, bugs or other technical difficulties, please raise these issues in the bug reports- but also, please do so in a respectful manner. Phrasing your difficulties with the implementation in an informative and polite way will help the developers to evaluate the issues and take action.
Jeronimo66

Post by Jeronimo66 »

"when a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger" :)

Personnaly I tested the game during the beta.
There were several bug reports complaining about the interface. I upvoted them, because for me the game is close to be unplayable.

I was surprised to see this game coming out of beta with those issues not taken into account. So I am not surprise about the complains here. Sure they have to be polite, but it is not the main issue here.

I am myself a software developer, i completly understand time & energy put into development project.

However i have the feeling that BGA failed in validating this game out of beta. This game does not respect the BGA guidelines for developers, that are written in BGA studio, about assets readabilty, tooltips, etc.

Sure users have to be polite in their feedback, no doubt about that, but BGA admins should look themself at the bug database and do they really think they should pull this game out of beta ? If yes, i am really interested in the validation logic and the real BGA standards...

Developers do their best in general, but BGA should take the criticisms and failure for themself instead of complaining about user politeness...

If BGA does not fail, a developer does not have to be under fire.

Just my 2 cents of an experienced sofware engineer.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”