Help me count the score

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Wartortois

Help me count the score

Post by Wartortois »

Hello everyone ,

I'm very very very new to the game. I enjoy it mucho grande but I've only lost so far but thats fine by me.

Anyways , I just played against someone who had the card Merchant Guild

The computer gave the person at the end of the game 10 VP

The 10 VP should be correct if you count both categories. 3 producing worlds is 6 VP and 1 point for every Good thats 4 VP = 10 in total.

Maybe I misunderstood the rules but because of the fact that Merchant Guild is a 6 - cost development you can only score in 1 of the categories.

I don't know if it's okay to post this url with the picture of the cards. Otherwise correct me. Sorry for the dutch language on the cards.

https://ibb.co/HYhtxH3
robinzig

Re: Help me count the score

Post by robinzig »

6-cost developments always score for everything you have that's listed on the card as counting for it. There's no either/or.
Wartortois

Post by Wartortois »

Thank you for the response! Could you perhaps explain to me how I should understand this sentence of the handbook:

For each 6-cost development , a given card can score in only one of its categories Page 12 of the manual.
Wartortois

Post by Wartortois »

Ooooh hold up! I'm reading this all wrong.

I believe it stated that when you have used a particular card on that '' ? bonus '' You cant use that card for a different kind of bonus.

If thats the case I'm feeling a bit dumb dumb :?
robinzig

Post by robinzig »

I don't see any such sentence in the rulebook online: https://cdn.1j1ju.com/medias/6a/44/a4-r ... lebook.pdf

However if such a rule exists - and it may - that's only saying that each *other* card you have can only score in one category per 6-cost development. I don't even know if it's possible (perhaps it only is with some expansion 6-costs, which is why this isn't in the base game rulebook), but if a theoretical 6-cost development had categories of "1 VP per development" and "1 VP per card with a consume power" (clearly that doesn't exist but I'm making up a simple example to illustrate what I'm saying), then that rule would only mean that a development with a consume power only scored 1VP rather than 2. It would NOT mean you had to choose only 1 of those 2 scoring categories at final scoring and not count any VP you would get from the other one.

EDIT: I wrote this before I saw your reply - it sounds like you've got it. I'll still post this though in case it helps others make sense of it.
Wartortois

Post by Wartortois »

Thank you for making that clear Robinzig.

I have the original manual from the ''real life game'' At the last page it says exactly that sentence but I have misread the sentence.

I also noticed that the online manual and my manual is different! Thats weird! I got the 2nd revised version. Maybe there is a difference between the first manual and the revised edition

Again, thank you for the reply!

Return to “Race for the Galaxy”