CAT CAFE: Purring fur balls in a box.

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

CAT CAFE: Purring fur balls in a box.

Post by DrClick »

Make your corner in the Cat Café the best one possible! Entice cats by literally drawing toys for the cats to play with. Place the toys in the most favorable way possible, and win by attracting the most cats!

Cat Café is a reimplementation and slightly altered version of the Korean game Cat Tower by Mandoo Games. Cat Café is a light roll-and-write game in which players draft one die each round, then use the final unselected die as well. Both dice are then used to 1) Draw a particular type of cat toy and 2) Place it on that level of a particular tower.

Placing each toy in a particular position is important as it gives a player points in specific ways. Place a bowl next to different and unique other toys, or place a cushion high up so that cats can rest and watch from a better vantage point, or even give the cats yarn to play with, giving you potential majority scoring.

You can try it by clicking here:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=catcafe

aaaaaaaaaand there's a tutorial available for you to learn it!

We would love to thank Ju-hwa Lee and Giung Kim, the game designers, as well as the publisher, Alley Cat Games, and the work done by the developer, phobyjuan. They deserve some love for bringing this game to #BGA!

More games to come soon. Be prepared!
Until then, take care and play fair!
Helen Bailey

Re: CAT CAFE: Purring fur balls in a box.

Post by Helen Bailey »

Does anyone else see Ned Flanders under the tip of the tail there?!!
el cosimo

Post by el cosimo »

Helen Bailey wrote: 14 December 2022, 14:19 Does anyone else see Ned Flanders under the tip of the tail there?!!
Tip Ned Flanders is in every announcement.. running joke since years
Nord - DJED

Post by Nord - DJED »

It's a good Roll & Write, thanks!!
The only thing missing for me would have been the score updating each turn during the game, like they did recently in "Look at the stars" and many other games. It's always nice to know where you are among the other players.
Wolfgang Bader

Post by Wolfgang Bader »

I can still see what my opponent does before I take my turn. Bummer.
Nord - DJED

Post by Nord - DJED »

Wolfgang Bader wrote: 14 December 2022, 21:49 I can still see what my opponent does before I take my turn. Bummer.
I find it weird too, because you can adapt your turn if needed... But in real life it would be the same.
I don't know what to think about it, I tend to not really focus on what the other is doing during its turn.
mDavidm

Post by mDavidm »

Could use some different highlight colors to indicate when a paw is being used up, and for placement.
LoesElska

Post by LoesElska »

Why are there 6 dice visible?

The game rules write: "2. Place a number of dice in the center of the table equal to the number of players +1. Put the remaining dice back in the box."
The original game only contains 5 dice.
Michelle1972

Post by Michelle1972 »

I enjoy this game. The only thing I don't understand is the scoring of cats when you get a house. I noticed the points are not added to your score at the end, so I don't understand the point of scoring the cats.
Helen Bailey

Post by Helen Bailey »

I love that!!
el cosimo wrote: 14 December 2022, 14:43
Helen Bailey wrote: 14 December 2022, 14:19 Does anyone else see Ned Flanders under the tip of the tail there?!!
Tip Ned Flanders is in every announcement.. running joke since years

Return to “Official announcements [en]”