Is that a problem with the rules ? 3 factions tied

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
gratpoil

Is that a problem with the rules ? 3 factions tied

Post by gratpoil »

I recently finished a game ( Terra Mystica n°318120861) with a tie for network : 3 factions at 14 structures.

We all get 9 points. That seems odd to me because when it is a tie, each player get normally the average of all the points that should ave been awarded. For exemple tie for first place by two players : (18 + 12) / 2 = 15 points each and so the quantity of points is still the same.

Here it gives (18 + 12 + 6 )/ 3 = 12. So why did we get 9 . It means that the total of points is only 27 insted for the network instead of 36, so for the last faction, that didn't compete on the network, it is 9 points "won", or at least "not won by other factions" just beacause of that tie. it doesn't seem fair.

Is there something i missed ? Should i report it as a bug ? And how does it work when 3 factions compete for the 2nd place ? Is it 6 points each or 3 points each ?
Ranior

Re: Is that a problem with the rules ? 3 factions tied

Post by Ranior »

You seem to be mistaken about how that game ended. According to the end game stats page, one of the factions hit 15 structures and were awarded 18vp for 1st place.

Then, you tied someone else with 14 structures and were awarded 9vp apiece as expected.

So nothing was wrong here, and it works like you expected. If there were a 3 way tie for 1st, all 3 factions would be awarded 12vp.
gratpoil

Re: Is that a problem with the rules ? 3 factions tied

Post by gratpoil »

🤦‍♂️ Sorry for that. And happy new year!

Return to “Terra Mystica”