3 player

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
fiscused

3 player

Post by fiscused »

I usually play Feast at the table with the Norwegians expansion, so there's some strategy I'm not too good at with just the set on BGA. The main challenge I've been having is what to do when you start 3rd in a 3-player game. Typically, one of your opponents will go for whaling and one for pillaging. What do you do afterwards? So far, my attempts have been very poor.
KeithHendricks

Re: 3 player

Post by KeithHendricks »

There are many options remaining.

1) if player one and two have exposed coin on the mountain strips, you might be able to grab coin and buy a whaling ship by anytime action, allowing you to snipe an island as well.

2) don’t underestimate knarrs. Get a knarr and some income or loose silver round one, and you can buy two tiles at market in round two. This two tile combo will trigger good income and bonuses in round 2.

3) get two sheep round one. The path here is 1V card + silver, 3V 1 sheep, 2V pay a silver for a sheep. You’ll produce free sheep in the breeding phases of round 2, 4, and 6, giving you five sheep in the game you can upgrade to furs. If you delay the upgrades a bit, or keep 3 sheep in reserve for a while, you can use the wool action which will produce 3 wool.

4) if there are two wood and two stone lined up on one of the mountain strips, and you have a decent starting occupation card, you can take the 4V mountains action, taking the two wood and two stone to set yourself up for a round two 4V build action, playing your card, and double upgrading your beans to wool for two income. You also have a second double upgrade which I usually use to upgrade mead to Runestone to save to start an island is round two after your build action gives you a ship for exploring. A great opening play sometimes. As your round two opener is also a four Viking action, you want to grab a card plus a silver for one Viking for your second action in round one so you have a card to play on the build action in round two. You can also do this without the two wood and two stone lined up, such as when there are a bunch of stone, ore, and coins lined up instead.

Return to “A Feast for Odin”