BUG? Tournaments not tallying points correctly

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
Quintious

BUG? Tournaments not tallying points correctly

Post by Quintious »

In a Railways tournament, last game I had 2 people who both were super slow and ran out of time, whilst I still had so much time it hadn't even changed from my starting 2 days to hours in terms of time remaining. Ended up just hitting the skip button out of frustration at how much of a slog it was turning into, especially given it was already predetermined I was going to end up winning.

Two things that stuck out to me: 1, even though both of my opponents were in the negative on time, it listed a person who was both out of time AND had fewer points than I did as "1st" winner (which I think might be the catalyst for this situation), and, as the image below shows, it isn't tallying my tournament points correctly. 6+6+3=15. It has me at 14 points, in what I assume is giving me 2nd place in that 3rd game even though it says 1st place and 6 points.

https://imgur.com/a/jD3GyjU
jmcl99

Re: BUG? Tournaments not tallying points correctly

Post by jmcl99 »

I think it's something else. If you tie a game in a non-elimination tournament then it adds up the points for the tied positions and then divides them equally amongst the tied players. In your tournament you get 6 points for first place and 5 points for second so divvying 11 points up evenly means you both get 5.5 points.So you actually have 15.5 tournament points. I suspect that one display (the table itself) has rounded up and the other display (the list of rankings) has rounded down.
Quintious

Re: BUG? Tournaments not tallying points correctly

Post by Quintious »

jmcl99 wrote: 04 January 2023, 00:19 I think it's something else. If you tie a game in a non-elimination tournament then it adds up the points for the tied positions and then divides them equally amongst the tied players. In your tournament you get 6 points for first place and 5 points for second so divvying 11 points up evenly means you both get 5.5 points.So you actually have 15.5 tournament points. I suspect that one display (the table itself) has rounded up and the other display (the list of rankings) has rounded down.
Not the case, as the person I "tied" with (who was losing badly at the time the game ended) got full credit for his points.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”