How can I find where the translation is used?

Türkçe çeviri
ace ace

How can I find where the translation is used?

Post by ace ace »

Hello,

I started helping on translations to Turkish. I started with CATAN as it is one of the most played games of me. I came up with the word "Public" it can have many translations so I wanted to check where it is used in the game. Even though I played the game a lot I don't remember if I came up with this word and I cannot find it. The only help in the translation page is "Context: Cat_templates" which makes no sense to me.

And this is applicable for many other translations so a general guideline would be very helpful.

Any suggestions on how to find where this word is used?
SwHawk

Re: How can I find where the translation is used?

Post by SwHawk »

ace ace wrote: 04 January 2023, 18:33 And this is applicable for many other translations so a general guideline would be very helpful.
Speaking as a game developer (but I'm not the one who worked on Catan, sorry), there's only so much we can do... Please have a look at this post and this one as to why and how.

If the string has already been translated, then you should try to find on the page the translated word (it may not be obvious, especially since Catan has a lot of hidden windows that pop up only under certain circumstances).

If not, the English word should be used, and you should search for it as well...

If you're proficient in other languages, it can also help to look at their translations, and try to deduce the equivalent translation in your language. You should be able to change the language a the top of the translation screen.

I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful than that.

Return to “Türkçe - tr”