Rules

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
JehanBon

Rules

Post by JehanBon »

I just play a game and I saw that we don't have to take a disc when we can.
I'am pretty sure the rules of the game give is the obligation to do. Without this rules it take off a lot of strategy.
sprockitz

Re: Rules

Post by sprockitz »

if you don't capture (or capture less than you are able depending on the variant) when you are able your opponent can contest the move by showing a move that captures (more) pieces.
kam2015

Post by kam2015 »

In simple mode , at the first , capture is mandatory . some moves later , becomes not ! . (mandatory!) .

King is not mandatory to capture another buttons !

fully mixture of rules !
brzytwa

Post by brzytwa »

https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=239851804

According to the rules, it is a draw...

Sorry, but I feel it shouldn't.
Yasten

Post by Yasten »

sprockitz wrote: 03 March 2018, 22:51 if you don't capture (or capture less than you are able depending on the variant) when you are able your opponent can contest the move by showing a move that captures (more) pieces.
Makes me wonder why once you chose a man then see a move that captures more you can't choose the piece you MUST move...
Walrus 76

Post by Walrus 76 »

Ok, I had never heard of this refute feature or rule, couldn't find it anywhere. and nothing in any of the drafts-checkers rules I can see online suggests that maximum taken peices is a mandate. seems like and shows up like a way for someone to set a trap, and if the opponent sees it, they cannot avoid it, are forced to step into it. doesn't seem sportsmanlike.
megamau

Post by megamau »

The implementation of checkers on BGA is very poor.
Not being able to automatically determine legal moves and forcing the opponent to check the legality of the moves is very lazy programming.
Also, the rules for draw are mixed up between different variants and this brings up unfair draws, as highlighted by Brytzwa.

I hope these things will be corrected at some point, but for now, I suggest playing on other sites (Playstrategy or Lidraughts).

Return to “Checkers”