I wish this game had "Jason's Setup" mode

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
FSKFSK

Re: I wish this game had "Jason's Setup" mode

Post by FSKFSK »

When I read "draft", the first thing that came to my mind was completely different. I thought "draft" means "Everybody draws 4, picks one, passed 3 to their left, picks one, passes 2 to their left, etc."
Two-Sheds

Post by Two-Sheds »

If I ever find Michael, I'm going to insert four poorly-ordered clovers into his diagonal
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

Two-Sheds wrote: 23 February 2022, 13:39 If I ever find Michael, I'm going to insert four poorly-ordered clovers into his diagonal
He's the game designer, so Without him you wouldn't have a game to play :D maybe consider that before shoving clovers anywhere ;)
ab in dc

Post by ab in dc »

TheOtherJason wrote: 14 September 2020, 03:24 And yeah, this game is heavily about luck. But that's why it's even more important to not feel like you're done for at the very beginning of the game. Sure, in rare cases (and with the right opponents making poor choices), you can come back from it. But in general it's a bit of a downer.
I agree with this -- but it seems like the best solution here is to simply give everyone the same (random) starting board. Seems like it would work well that way.

Though I do like the drafting idea too.
Two-Sheds

Post by Two-Sheds »

These are all interesting ideas. Here's something else I thought of today: in tournament mode, after the first-round setups are determined, those same setups get swapped or rotated to the other player(s) in subsequent rounds, so that everyone has the same set of starting positions to work with in the match. Seems like it would be a bit fairer and more interesting. Would be nice to have as an option.
The Crazy Russian

Post by The Crazy Russian »

Haha, whoever said the thing about the poorly ordered clovers, from up to down in a game I played I had a 20 in the 1st spot, a 12 in the 2nd, 20 in the 3rd, and 4 in the 4th. That was a delight to rearrange. Totally not being sarcastic ;)

But yes, if there was no Michael, there is no game to play! :D

Return to “Lucky Numbers”