CAVERNA: A long time ago, in a far, far away grotto...

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

CAVERNA: A long time ago, in a far, far away grotto...

Post by DrClick »

An all-time hit that is rocking Board Game Arena Now!
Yabba-dabba-doo!

Following the same lines as its predecessor (Agricola), Caverna: The Cave Farmers is a worker-placement game at heart, with a focus on farming. In the game, you are the bearded leader of a small dwarf family that lives in a little cave in the mountains. You begin the game with a farmer and his spouse, and each member of the farming family represents an action that the player can take each turn. Together, you cultivate the forest in front of your cave and dig deeper into the mountain. You furnish the caves as dwellings for your offspring as well as working spaces for small enterprises.

It is up to you how much ore you want to mine. You will need it to forge weapons that allow you to go on expeditions to gain bonus items and actions. While digging through the mountain, you may come across water sources and find ore and ruby mines that help you increase your wealth. Right in front of your cave, you can increase your wealth even further with agriculture: You can cut down the forest to sow fields and fence in pastures to hold your animals. You can also expand your family while running your ever-growing farm. In the end, the player with the most efficiently developed home board wins.

You can also play the solo variant of this game to familiarize yourself with the 48 different furnishing tiles for your cave.

Caverna: The Cave Farmers, which has a playing time of roughly 30 minutes per player, is a complete redesign of Agricola that substitutes the card decks from the former game with a set of buildings while adding the ability to purchase weapons and send your farmers on quests to gain further resources. Designer Uwe Rosenberg says that the game includes parts of Agricola, but also has new ideas, especially the cave part of your game board, where you can build mines and search for rubies. The game also includes two new animals: dogs and donkeys.

You can try it right now by clicking here, but don't be late: there are already close to 1,000 games in progress!
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=caverna

Of course, we would love to thank Uwe Rosenberg from bringing this game to the platform, as well as the publisher Lookout Games.
Let's not forget the two developer that made it possible: Tisaac and Vincent, who brilliantly brought this game online. They have super powers!

That's it for today.
Enjoy theses "end of the year" days, and as always...
Take care and play fair!
Sgt Cat

Re: CAVERNA: A long time ago, in a far, far away grotto...

Post by Sgt Cat »

Phenomenal! Thank you all so much!
Niluna

Post by Niluna »

I'm so excited for this! This is one of my favorite games of all time! Thank you for this new addition!
ryancarrier

Post by ryancarrier »

Wholly wholly wholly :) Thank you soooooo much :)
JamesATL

Post by JamesATL »

Thanks - I would rather have fewer quality games like this one than more lower quality games just to have the volume. Thank you.
Hasse72

Post by Hasse72 »

Woohoo! This was my first thought - what about Caverna - when the Agricola implementation was launched. Cool :) !
ruixita

Post by ruixita »

So happy, i really love this game!!!!
Thanks a lot!
bazmazter123

Post by bazmazter123 »

Very pleased Caverna is now on BGA. Im new to Caverna but if anyone wants to learn this game together,send me a invite 8-)
tabletopper

Post by tabletopper »

this is incredible! I just played my first game and it went very well. Only lost by 1 point. Moving animals around and spending rubies is a little tricky but easy after some practice.
Pecis

Post by Pecis »

I'm so glad BGA added Caverna. Had this game for years as a typical board game, but rarely had the right people to play it. If it is in your power to make some adjustments or balance changes, then Hunting Parlor needs it badly.

I love the idea behind this room, but the "benefits" it gives are terrible. I am confident I can speak for the majority that Hunting Parlor is probably the worst room in the game. You basically give up 2 points and 4 food to get 2 points and 2 food. It's light years apart compared to the Beer Parlor.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”