[Mobile] How to test iPad

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
Jonathan2004

[Mobile] How to test iPad

Post by Jonathan2004 »

Hello developers,

I have a bug report for my alpha game "Stick to Colours" about an issue when reaching a game with an iPad.

My question is how can i test and reproduce a bug without a real iPad ? What are your advices when having such an issue ?
I often use FF or Chrome basic emulation of mobile models and dimensions, but I don't reproduce any error with that.

Thanks
BrianLovesMarvel

Re: [Mobile] How to test iPad

Post by BrianLovesMarvel »

Try searching Google for "iPad emulator". There are several options, and some review articles comparing them.

If you find one that works well, please let us know!

Thanks, Brian
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

BrowserStack website. You can hace a free premium account if your code is open source (ie if you have a public github repo)
nicotacotac

Post by nicotacotac »

Even if your code is not open source you can use browserstack premium, check link in wiki dev
BaronFraser

Post by BaronFraser »

+1 to BrowserStack. It's invaluable
Jonathan2004

Post by Jonathan2004 »

Tisaac wrote: 03 January 2023, 07:16 BrowserStack website. You can hace a free premium account if your code is open source (ie if you have a public github repo)
Thank you, BrowserStack looks like an interesting solution.

I tried with a free trial account it's only 1 minute per device ! (not enough to start + connect to BGA + start a game +analyze ...) but the price is too high for some tests i think.

For now, my BGA game is only on BGA Studio, not on my github.
In order to try the BrowserStack free "premium" via Open Source Project, I created a public repo in my github (all I had is private) with an old project not related to BGA and BrowserStack answered me with a few points :
BrowserStack wrote: You are a couple of steps away from activating your subscription: a valid open source license, being one of them.
  • If you don’t have a license yet, take the time to choose the right license and add it to your project page.
...please help us verify your ownership of the open-source project you would like to test. To do this:
  • You will need to submit and merge a PR to the project. The PR has to add the following text to your readme.md file: “This project is tested with BrowserStack.”
  • The PR has to be dated post the date of your request for sponsorship.

Please send us the link to your PR after all the steps are completed. We will verify the approval points and activate your sponsorship accordingly.
So i am stucked for now, because i can publish my game with the BGA_LICENSE (or a MIT license like some bga github projects i see ?) BUT I still will have to wait 3 months to test it ?

Do the BGA Team has some BrowserStack team license to help ?
Een

Post by Een »

Jonathan2004 wrote: 08 January 2023, 14:37 Do the BGA Team has some BrowserStack team license to help ?
Unfortunately, we cannot provide BrowserStack licences. Pricing is steep.

Return to “Developers”