CHEATER found & Mods couldn't care less

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Pistol Star

Re: CHEATER found, while analyzing games

Post by Pistol Star »

So I checked the first 2 games only and even the first few moves in the first game were enough for me to see that the opponent of the said player can never ever be a 500+ elo player.

He just gives the other player all 4 greens in the first few moves of age 1 even though he could easily take/block these cards and in the 2nd game he even hands over a free win in age 3 by not taking the last green card :D He plays his last extra turn to play a 3 military card which doesn't give him the win while the last green card the opponent needs is face up and uncovered :D

This player plays worse than the average 100 elo player if you ask me. It's really hard with this type of play to ever even reach 200+ elo.

Simply impossible like i stated above to reach 500+ elo with this nonsense play.

It's also always a scientific win and the thinking times are very low for the losing player. Both players play very fast but especially the losing player seems to play each move ASAP.

The only reason I could find that this would not be a cheat is that the losing player gained all his/her elo by playing agora+pantheon, but I highly doubt it as the base game is much simpler to play well. So if you are a good player in the expansions game you should be easily also be a good player in the base game. It doesn't have to be that way the other way around imho.

But anyways this could easily be checked if the losing player usually plays agora+pantheon and only rarely plays the base game.

But then he/she should have a very bad overall record in base game and a very, very good overall record in the expansions games.

Last but not least if you look at other played games besides 7 Wonders Duel you see that both players aren't really good at any other game.
It is in my experience very rare for a player to be a very strong player in one game and mostly very weak in other games.
Of course this is no proof of anything. Just another indicator that something is very fishy here.
It is obviously a possible scenario that a player is very strong in one game only and bad or even very bad in most other games. But this is rare.

Another thing I want to mention is that the winning player doesn't play too well either. A 621 elo player should play better imo. He makes some incredibly easy mistakes.

Let's also imagine we want to cheat the rankings. How would we do it in the least obvious and safe way?
Surely by scientific wins right? Military would be more obvious and you can't cheat too well on the wonder drafting. It would be too obvious. If you want to win by civilian victories then what does the losing player do? Take the non scoring cards when leading? Would that then be green and red cards often? Yes! That's dangerous! So obviously the losing player must play resources+points to be no threat at all and just be ignorant about green cards. But this is too obvious how it has been played out! I think you could play it out way less obvious and it would be hard to get caught.

In Game 2 when the losing player had the obvious move to destroy the possibly last green card he had a dilemma in case he was trying to lose.
So how to not take the green card in the least obvious way? By playing an extra turn to reveal a 3 military card and be only 1 step away from military victory.

Why does the losing player always plays military in age 2? Because that let's the winning player have less obviously cheated wins, right?
A normal 500+ elo player who would not like to play science cards would never ever touch the military cards that thoughtless in age 2. They would discard all the red cards mostly and play for points and denying green cards. And these players are rarely at 500+ elo.
BBKosta

Post by BBKosta »

I agree with TopicStarter. Only peoples with ELO 100 can so unbelievable ignore Green cards. Polo do it so much, even if loose next turn.
And, I drew attention to the fact that Polo plays without an idea, that is, it allows ArabDrim to dominate in more than one direction of the game. This is definitely not a 500+ game, even when drunk.
Le007n

Post by Le007n »

It seems like everyone agrees here.
It will be interesting to see if anything is done!
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

got censored. fun stuff!!

for post scriptum - it WAS a post about * and his * friend.

not using his * name to not get redacted again :|

*Moderation Edit: please do not use the Forums to call players out by name, this is what the Moderation Reports are for. The Forums should remain a general discussion. This means if everyone can tell who you are alluding to, you are breaing the rule.
Polo3347

Post by Polo3347 »

Hi SilentProtest,

Thanks for letting me know the existence of this topic. As I answered you in private, The ArabDream and I have been playing together, and with friends, since the very beginning of the covid situation. None of us are cheaters, contrary to what you pretend. I have won multiple time against him, but unfortunately not often while playing 7wonders (duel or the classical one). However, he taught me few tricks that got me to the top of this game (even better than you I think in terms of ELO). Plus, I don't get the point of letting someone rip you off of all your elo's, it's beyond logic. I still can't believe that you have spent so much time and energy for such a non-sense...

I will have to report you and ask my friend to do the same since you are propagating very bad and puerile rumors about us. I suggest you to train a lot, get better, and then play against one of us (or even both). More important: get a life.

With all my respect for the frustrated player that you seem to be.

PS: I will also report you for the insults in this topic and the one that you had in private. It's not the kind of attitude that this platform should be promoting.
silentProtest

Re: CHEATER found & Mods couldn't care less

Post by silentProtest »

Polo3347 wrote: 11 April 2022, 18:30 Hi SilentProtest,

Thanks for letting me know the existence of this topic. As I answered you in private, The ArabDream and I have been playing together, and with friends, since the very beginning of the covid situation. None of us are cheaters, contrary to what you pretend. I have won multiple time against him, but unfortunately not often while playing 7wonders (duel or the classical one). However, he taught me few tricks that got me to the top of this game (even better than you I think in terms of ELO). Plus, I don't get the point of letting someone rip you off of all your elo's, it's beyond logic. I still can't believe that you have spent so much time and energy for such a non-sense...

I will have to report you and ask my friend to do the same since you are propagating very bad and puerile rumors about us. I suggest you to train a lot, get better, and then play against one of us (or even both). More important: get a life.

With all my respect for the frustrated player that you seem to be.

PS: I will also report you for the insults in this topic and the one that you had in private. It's not the kind of attitude that this platform should be promoting.
If one of the accused writes, I guess, I will respond briefly.

I analyzed games of all top players, as stated in first post, I think. Your games were beyond weird. Since I am no "pro", I asked some experts on this expansion version. All seem to agree.

And please report me. Since I did not insult anyone at any point, I would be very curious what would become of that. ;)
PauloCientista

Post by PauloCientista »

I would like to ask if the report was successful.

I see that BGA doesn't care much for Kingmaking games or something like that. I've reported similar situations from other games and absolutely nothing happened. Unfortunately, it looks like everything is fine for the site.
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

PauloCientist wrote: 12 January 2023, 03:59 I would like to ask if the report was successful.

I see that BGA doesn't care much for Kingmaking games or something like that. I've reported similar situations from other games and absolutely nothing happened. Unfortunately, it looks like everything is fine for the site.
Nothing happened, besides the post getting redacted, and the wolf guy outing himself couple post above this one :D
But they also didn't cheat again since - It would have been interesting if they did! Because the person reviewing the 3 games had no idea what he was doing and also couldn't be bowered to read expert opinions here or the ones I got via chat and sent them in the report.
Livandre86

Post by Livandre86 »

How can you give someone a red thumb if the player has not played with you and keeps playing only with their accomplice? In the current 7Wonders duel arena season the ranked 2nd player at the moment of writing clearly cheated with another one: there are matches where they just discard cards until one concedes the game.
Also the player has joined recently and played most games with the same accomplice account. Apart from being sad and sick, how is this even possible?
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

Livandre86 wrote: 10 July 2023, 18:15 How can you give someone a red thumb if the player has not played with you and keeps playing only with their accomplice? In the current 7Wonders duel arena season the ranked 2nd player at the moment of writing clearly cheated with another one: there are matches where they just discard cards until one concedes the game.
Also the player has joined recently and played most games with the same accomplice account. Apart from being sad and sick, how is this even possible?
how is it possible - the admins/mods dont give a * ^^ (and I am sorry to be that negative - but that seems true)
in a technicl sense it is possible by redthumbing most players active in arena + getting specific times so you are paired in arena with your second account -> gg ez :P

*Moderator edit: please refrain from swearing on BGA, this is a family-friendly platform.

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”