Exploration goal

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
m10rost

Exploration goal

Post by m10rost »

How to stockpile a world? What should I do for it?

(There is no such option during Explore and/or Settle phases: https://boardgamearena.com/9/newfrontie ... =215777370 )
paramesis

Re: Exploration goal

Post by paramesis »

Worlds are only discarded when you have more explored worlds than you can fit around your empire mat. When the Exploration goal is face up, you can stockpile a world in this instance instead of discarding it. During Explore, this would happen after you have explored a 10th colony, and during Settle, this can occur if you have the Terraforming Robots development and draw a 10th world after settling. You cannot voluntarily discard when you are at or below the maximum number of worlds in your empire.
Last edited by paramesis on 11 November 2021, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
m10rost

Post by m10rost »

I see.
Many thanks! :)
Einarsdotter

Post by Einarsdotter »

That sounds all well and nice, but I have been discarding extra worlds and never seeing an option for stockpiling. I've tried clicking on the Goal card and other random places in hopes that it is properly programmed, but non-intuitive.
paramesis

Post by paramesis »

See the rulebook page 11. Stockpile goals must be revealed before any player can use them. For Exploration, the goal needs to be revealed after the action is called, but before any player takes the action. In order to implement this in a way that avoids revealing which goal you have and avoid needlessly slowing down the game, there is a checkbox in the goals area which you can check to automatically reveal the goal when the action is called.

Return to “New Frontiers”