VAALBARA: What it feels to be the king?

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

VAALBARA: What it feels to be the king?

Post by DrClick »

Neolithic clan leaders settle once and for all who will rule them all.

Each player plays as a clan leader and has to secretly and wisely play a card from their hand, representing a member of their tribe, to try to take over some territories. Strategy and timing will be crucial for scoring! The player that scores the most points after 9 rounds wins the game.

Subcontinent of Vaalbara, Neolithic era. Your tribe sets out to explore uncharted lands in order to establish sedentary villages. Use the various talents of your tribe to optimize your development, expand your territory, and enforce your dominance!

All players have the same deck of 12 cards representing the members of their tribe. Each turn, players secretly choose one card. In the order of initiative of the revealed Characters, players will be able to activate their powers and take over one of the available Territories. Each type of Territory has its own way of scoring points (collection, pair, diversity, risk…). Deciding between playing the best powers and high initiatives at the most opportune moment will be difficult. After 9 rounds, the player with the most points wins the game and unites the tribes of the continent under their banner!

You should try out the tutorial included to learn more about the very-specific mechanics of the game, since it only takes a few minutes to understand what it is all about!

And you can click the link below to find out how smart it can be, and how smart you need to be:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=vaalbara

We must thank all of the Studio H for their authorization, as well as the fantastic work done by Moof who developed it for Board Game Arena. Thanks to it's minimallistic display, it works very well on mobile as well as on desktop. Try it!
The game designed by Olivier Cipière is already a hit on some countries, and he deserves a lot of thanks for allowing the game to be published here as well.

That's it for today's release!
What will be next?
Let me check my crystal ball... I see...
Large animals from the past... Complex machineries... What seems to be dice... Ancient civilizations... and a moon?
Ok, it's all mixed up, but what i can clearly see is that we will have a fantastic year of releases!
See you next week and until then,
Play fair and take care!
computer82

Re: VAALBARA: What it feels to be the king?

Post by computer82 »

Ned?
choog

Post by choog »

computer82 wrote: 11 January 2023, 14:37Ned?
Back on the mountain, beneath the cloak.
jbrodack

Post by jbrodack »

I keep getting notifications for this news update
Awesem90

Post by Awesem90 »

Is that a teaser for TI4? :shock:
Brainstorm88

Post by Brainstorm88 »

provato molto divertente
Ez0ah

Post by Ez0ah »

Love the game and its vibrant colors. Really great implementation too. I just wish the bard bug had been fixed before release.
Thanks for the continuous stream of great games. Can't wait for next week :)
M1ntrax

Post by M1ntrax »

Cool!
Thx)

Return to “Official announcements [en]”