Labeling of Winner/Loser

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
DCJiver

Labeling of Winner/Loser

Post by DCJiver »

hey y'all! first of all, thank you SO much for all of the work to get everything where it is now with the expansions. it's looking amazing and it's great having the expansions!

one piece of feedback is that i had a negative reaction to seeing the labeling of "winner" and "loser" on the final result. it felt weird to have it called out like that and made it more adversarial than i think we want it to be. not sure if others feel the same, but wanted to float that out there!
Fluff-de-Pup

Re: Labeling of Winner/Loser

Post by Fluff-de-Pup »

The updates are amazing and I love the different expansions~!

I also just saw the winner/loser update, in my game with DC, and had an adverse reaction to it.
Micah Stairs

Post by Micah Stairs »

Please see the discussion about this in https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=192 ... s609607382. This will give you context about the change!
Micah Stairs

Post by Micah Stairs »

Sorry I linked the wrong announcement, but if you look at the original announcement where I explained the 15 changes, you will see the context.

Basically this change is necessary in order to handle games with 3 or more players better (there's not supposed to be a 2nd place in Innovation and it's ill-defined given how many ways the game can end).

Sorry if you had a negative reaction when you first saw it, but I fully expect that feeling will go away with time.

I'm open to revisiting this change if we get consensus from our players, but so far, I'm getting the impression that most people think this is the right change.
DCJiver

Post by DCJiver »

Ah, OK! Thanks for the communication on this @Micah! Super appreciate it.

Return to “Innovation”