7WD Arena vanilla vs all expansions

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs

How should be the Arena be designed?

Only one Arena mode (vinalla,pantheon,agora,full) should be accessible (non alternating, not parallel) [pls argue below, why]
22%
Multiple versions of the game should be playable in Arena, but it should be alternating by season. [also argue why, please]
19%
Multiple versions of the game should be playable in Arena at the same time (but with devided Aerna scores)
54%
Multiple versions of the game should be playable in Arena at the same time (but with same Aerna scores)
5%

Total votes: 159

jrec15

Re: 7WD Arena vanilla vs all expansions

Post by jrec15 »

michaelHastriter wrote: 24 February 2022, 02:06 the only thing I really oppose is there being only one vanilla arena, forever - which seems to be the most likely right now ... reasons being:
the guru system, which decides the next format, is highly flawed;
the Status quo bias seems very present here;
some people feeling so strongly playing only vanilla arena, that they've gone through the trouble to manipulate the poll ( how petty is that...);
and neither admins nor mods seem to care about this, even if it is one of the most played games on their platform
Agreed. I think the important poll would be..

"Who supports any kind of change to the arena system to incorporate expansions in some way and ensure it's not 7WD vanilla forever?"

I just want to see something happen. However the minds at be want to do it will be an improvement over vanilla forever, so please work towards some kind of change! 7WD on BGA is too great of a game to not put this effort into.
michaelHastriter

Post by michaelHastriter »

Completely agree! Who do we have to email to make this happen!
frankenStain

Post by frankenStain »

jrec15 wrote: 04 March 2022, 20:38
michaelHastriter wrote: 24 February 2022, 02:06 the only thing I really oppose is there being only one vanilla arena, forever - which seems to be the most likely right now ... reasons being:
the guru system, which decides the next format, is highly flawed;
the Status quo bias seems very present here;
some people feeling so strongly playing only vanilla arena, that they've gone through the trouble to manipulate the poll ( how petty is that...);
and neither admins nor mods seem to care about this, even if it is one of the most played games on their platform
Agreed. I think the important poll would be..

"Who supports any kind of change to the arena system to incorporate expansions in some way and ensure it's not 7WD vanilla forever?"

I just want to see something happen. However the minds at be want to do it will be an improvement over vanilla forever, so please work towards some kind of change! 7WD on BGA is too great of a game to not put this effort into.
hey, I would have loved to make more polls, as stated in my first or second post, BUT since this poll was manipulated VERY obviously, I put that idea on ice, and wanted to post about it on the main forum instead - that was 3-4 months ago. I just really do not have time for that, sadly (and its getting worse, with all things happening..). And also there wouldnt be a way to guard against extra votes from someone super opinionated [the only way would be restrict voting for people with over {x amount i.e.}100 7wd games - no way the devs will take time to implement that -.-], if they would do it in a clever way (instead of dumping a ton of votes for one option in a very short time span). --- and thats just collecting opinions of players. deciding based on that, may be tricky too.

but nevertheless, with 7wd Im sure that there is a large enough player base, that would be happy about another arena format - so feel free to contact the mods/admins (I would think) - if there are enough requests, they might do something about it!

Good Luck ;)
mimiaoumiaou

Post by mimiaoumiaou »

I arrive late, but was there any changing after your lobbying action ?
frankenStain

Post by frankenStain »

mimiaoumiaou wrote: 15 November 2022, 18:47 I arrive late, but was there any changing after your lobbying action ?
xDD
No, besides someone burning bout 12 accounts to vote for the first option, if the mods care to check that, nothing have come from it.

Also would not call that lobbying xDD (lobbying stinks of corruption, I just posted clean information about the situation)
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

@Admins @Mods

GIVE US A BOTH EXPANSION SEASON!!

you're Guru system s*cks and does not work! and it gets boring without incentives and really serious competition!!!

COME ON!! :twisted:
michaelHastriter

Post by michaelHastriter »

silentProtest wrote: 13 January 2023, 19:29 @Admins @Mods

GIVE US A BOTH EXPANSION SEASON!!

you're Guru system s*cks and does not work! and it gets boring without incentives and really serious competition!!!

COME ON!! :twisted:
+1 for this! I wanna do an arena of all expansions or at least Pantheon.
Jincarnate

Post by Jincarnate »

Totally agree, we need a both expansions arena, pleasssssse !!!!
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

there is no pin function (that functions automaticaly or can be used by majority) - So I will be bumping the most useful posts/discussion - hope that is fine.
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

Im sorry - I tried - I wont be writing to ALL Admins and mods, to make THEIR platform better - bump

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”