GIZMOS : Bright light. Bright light...

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

GIZMOS : Bright light. Bright light...

Post by DrClick »

Who will prove themselves as the greatest inventor at the Science Fair?
Fast, fun, and addictive!

The Great Science Fair is drawing together the sharpest minds of our generation. However, only one can be crowned champion. They will have to prove they are the best by thinking on the fly and building their machines quickly and efficiently. Whose project will rise to the top?

In Gizmos, players look to create the most magnificent of machines, taking on the role of inventors at the Great Science Fair. By utilizing four different types of energy marbles taken from the innovative Energy Dispenser, they will purchase and construct new Gizmos. Players need to plan ahead, because Gizmos will be able to chain-react with each other giving multiple results from a single action. The player with the most victory points is declared the winner.

At the beginning of the game, you have 4 actions:
File : Move a card from the public area to your Archive, allowing only you to build it later.
Pick : Take one energy marble from the 3D marble dispenser into your storage.
Build : Build one machine and add it to your line-up! You have to pay the marbles with colors corresponding to the card cost.
Research : Research some blueprint cards and File or Build one of them. The rest go to the bottom of the deck.
Machines give you victory points and allow you to do more actions when conditions are met. As you build, new attachments can trigger chain reactions, letting you do even more on your turn.

Curious? You have to be! Click here to find out if the game is for you!
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=gizmos

No games without a publisher, and it is all up to the CMON team and the authorization of the fantastic Phil Walker-Harding, who is also the designer of this very unique game.
And what about this adaptation for BGA? It's been ported by Fletcheese, who did an incredible job bringing the game online and playable on most devices. Try it!

That's it for today!
Have you already played the 500+ games available on the platform?
Don't worry, next week we will release another amazing game... or two.
Until then, take care and play fair!
Bye Billy.
PlainSimpleSisko

Re: GIZMOS : Bright light. Bright light...

Post by PlainSimpleSisko »

Another IRL favorite. Thanks!
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

Very fun, light engine builder. I can imagine the way collecting marbles works in the physical version, adds something more to the game.
TheBoardBaker

Post by TheBoardBaker »

I wrote a tutorial for Gizmo that's still in Alpha!
Rate it high and we can make it the official one!
https://boardgamearena.com/tutorial?gam ... orial=1171
Cheatyhax

Post by Cheatyhax »

T72on1 wrote: 18 January 2023, 14:22 Very fun, light engine builder. I can imagine the way collecting marbles works in the physical version, adds something more to the game.
I just got the physical and its quite fantastic. There is a TTS mod that does the marble machine really well but the BGA version is way more accessible and easy.
aitysa76

Post by aitysa76 »

kan ik niet spelen heb geen kleurenscherm :cry:
ChukG

Post by ChukG »

I've been enjoying this -- I don't know the tabletop version but this one is fun.
FreddyLopez

Post by FreddyLopez »

Still in plastic on my Kalax but when I noticed it on BGA, I decided to play and boy did I play. Quite addictive to see what combination(s) you can come up with in the next game, and the next and... oh boy, it's 2am and I need to wake up at 7am ^^

Looking (more) forward to play it IRL!
TheGreatGog

Post by TheGreatGog »

"very unique game". How can something be very unique? It's either unique, or it isn't.
Aloisio Dourado

Post by Aloisio Dourado »

Great game! Very good addition to this library.
Unfortunatly the mobile version is very bad, I wasn’t able to click and select the cards and combos. In the computer it runs very good.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”