Can anyone teach me how to win in all rounds?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
GameBond2022

Can anyone teach me how to win in all rounds?

Post by GameBond2022 »

Please help me to win more marks, thanks.
I want to get over 300 marks
as i just have 178 marks now
Meeplelowda

Re: Can anyone teach me how to win in all rounds?

Post by Meeplelowda »

GameBond2022 wrote: 19 January 2023, 17:13 Please help me to win more marks, thanks.
I want to get over 300 marks
as i just have 178 marks now
I just looked at your profile and realized you are talking about ELO. Yours is currently 178 in Splendor. You increase your ELO by playing better than your opponents and winning. No one can teach you how to win every time. You may try reading this discussion for general tips: Splendor Strategy Guide. This won't tell you how to "win all rounds," but it may give you a different way to think about the game.
GameBond2022

Post by GameBond2022 »

but i really want to win in each round
Can anyone teach me the method?
i really want to get back 200 marks
otherwise, i will punish all the players in here by mouth
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

GameBond2022 wrote: 09 May 2023, 17:42 but i really want to win in each round
Have you thought this through? If a dominant strategy existed that literally allowed you to win every round, how is it that your opponents could not also use it, thereby winning, thereby not allowing you to win every round (not accounting for ties for first)? Perhaps it is a strategy that gives the first, second, third, etc. person to take a turn a guaranteed win. Then it would just come down to which place you started in, and you won't always start in that place, and therefore you still won't "win in each round."

Your assumption there can even exist a strategy that always wins no matter the turn order is flawed. Perhaps...perhaps...there is a Nash equilibrium strategy that always at least ties for first regardless of the beginning game state (including which position you start in), but it's a logical impossibility for there to be one that always guarantees a solo win regardless of the beginning game state.

Also, you really need to stop posting negative comments about everyone who beats you at Splendor or Azul.
GameBond2022

Post by GameBond2022 »

Meeplelowda wrote: 09 May 2023, 19:54
GameBond2022 wrote: 09 May 2023, 17:42 but i really want to win in each round
Have you thought this through? If a dominant strategy existed that literally allowed you to win every round, how is it that your opponents could not also use it, thereby winning, thereby not allowing you to win every round (not accounting for ties for first)? Perhaps it is a strategy that gives the first, second, third, etc. person to take a turn a guaranteed win. Then it would just come down to which place you started in, and you won't always start in that place, and therefore you still won't "win in each round."

Your assumption there can even exist a strategy that always wins no matter the turn order is flawed. Perhaps...perhaps...there is a Nash equilibrium strategy that always at least ties for first regardless of the beginning game state (including which position you start in), but it's a logical impossibility for there to be one that always guarantees a solo win regardless of the beginning game state.

Also, you really need to stop posting negative comments about everyone who beats you at Splendor or Azul.
Frankly speaking, if other players give me chances to gain more marks, i won't post any negative comments
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

You are just trolling right? You must be. No one can seriously believe that there is a way to win a game every single time, and on top of that believe that others will help them do so. And then, as icing on the cake, claim that it isn't their fault to post negative comments here, which wouldn't happen 'if others would let them win'.

Sigh, this is so sad. I really admire the patience of people like Meeplelowda, who keep on trying to answer people in a very constructive, polite and relaxed way.
scotchvx

Post by scotchvx »

This topic thread should be closed. The poster didn't have a valid inquiry and this thread is misleading in being helpful.
Cloggedd

Post by Cloggedd »

*moderated
GameBond2022

Post by GameBond2022 »

if anyone can teach me the solution, i will treat them good

Return to “Splendor”