Arena config...

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
flolem

Re: Arena config...

Post by flolem »

I think everything has been said.

As a good player, you could certainly won a good percentage of game in arena but you will lost too just because of the randomness.

I have an arena game running where me and another player have more yellow strategy empire and the other has blue. Well it is alone on this path while and the two other has not so much reason to play blue with their starting empire...

If we want some sort of symmetric without too much, I like the empire C (start with 5 crystallium) which give many possible direction from the start.

I would play at any player count, less important for me. But the symmetrical empire is important.
archdevil

Post by archdevil »

where can i vote for symetric start for the next season? this config is so unfun.
radish_07

Post by radish_07 »

Agree that arena definitely needs symmetric empires. Variable start is too unbalanced.

My pref player count would be 3 or 4 players. Thinking about value of cards to the other players is part of the fun for me.
jsnoop36

Post by jsnoop36 »

Has anyone actually been nominated as a Guru for It's a Wonderful World? Or are Guru's not yet setup for the game, since it is so newly out of beta? If so, are they able to vote on the arena configs if so? So far as I can tell Gurus are supposed to be the players with the most games played over the last 30 days. I'd be surprised if I'm not in the top-100 for games played over the past 30 days, I think I've played more than 150 games in that period. And I meet the reputation and seniority requirements (unless they changed the seniority requirement to being a premium member for more than a year, since I just made my account premium to play It's a Wonderful World)
Guudys

Post by Guudys »

I am a guru actually and I play a lot of solo games so I don't know if that counts. I was really surprised as I barely play any multiplayer games.

At the moment, in the propositions, the one with Side B empire start 1v1 is the recommendation with the most votes.
https://i.imgur.com/EEpJQzd.png
flolem

Post by flolem »

Guudys wrote: 15 February 2023, 14:46 I am a guru actually and I play a lot of solo games so I don't know if that counts. I was really surprised as I barely play any multiplayer games.

At the moment, in the propositions, the one with Side B empire start 1v1 is the recommendation with the most votes.
Well technically... your husband played on your account to reach elite in arena so becoming guru come from here ;)

I don't see a suggesiton for 1vs1 with symetrical empire :( You should add one ;)
Guudys

Post by Guudys »

No, this was literally 10 days ago that I became guru. He just had played 7 games then. I highly doubt that 7 multiplayer games is nearly as much as anyone else actually playing actively on the website seeing how popular the game is. I however play a lot of solo games, it's ridiculous. That I'm willing to believe I'm among the ones that play the most on the website which might make sense on why I'm guru.

And yes, first proposition is symmetric empire start 1v1, that's how I call Side B empire cards, they called it "same cube start".
Fabulous_fab94

Post by Fabulous_fab94 »

flolem wrote: 15 February 2023, 18:02
Guudys wrote: 15 February 2023, 14:46 I am a guru actually and I play a lot of solo games so I don't know if that counts. I was really surprised as I barely play any multiplayer games.

Well technically... your husband played on your account to reach elite in arena so becoming guru come from here ;)

I don't see a suggesiton for 1vs1 with symetrical empire :( You should add one ;)
It's why it's so ridiculous... To play arena mode Sam had to play with Gwladys account, and so I open a new account also ... I tried arena mode with my account and I loose hundred ELO in part cause of the randomness (also cause I played bad ;)). I prefer to play 1v1 but I agree to play at 3 but asymétric empire has nothing to do in competition mode.
Fletcheese

Post by Fletcheese »

Very glad symmetric/Side B/"all same starting cubes" 2-player is on top. Hope the Gurus keep it that way :)
Daredard

Post by Daredard »

I'm not a fan of the current configuration

The symetrical start evens the odd on one game, but it removes variety from it.
It is more fun to try and do the best with your dealt hand. Shine when it is great, do damage limitation otherwise. Be better than the other on average.
But well, that's ok.

On the other hand, 1 vs 1 turn a rich game in a poor one.
You can anticipate what the other player will do, and there is just a need to play in a algorythmic way. No psychology involved.
I hope the gurus move back to a 4 player game- some day soon.

Return to “It's a Wonderful World”