Stuck in game tutorial

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
vivaldifollia

Stuck in game tutorial

Post by vivaldifollia »

I'm trying out the game tutorial and I seem to be stuck on one part where it won't let me continue. It wants me to draw 2 bird cards, but when I go click on one, it tells me "You must play the move indicated in the tutorial." I'm pretty sure I have clicked what I needed to, but I tried a bunch of other things anyway and it still wouldn't work. Starting the tutorial over just got me stuck at the same place again. Is there a way to bypass this part? Thank you in advance :)
bananasplay

Re: Stuck in game tutorial

Post by bananasplay »

vivaldifollia wrote: 28 December 2022, 23:06 I'm trying out the game tutorial and I seem to be stuck on one part where it won't let me continue. It wants me to draw 2 bird cards, but when I go click on one, it tells me "You must play the move indicated in the tutorial." I'm pretty sure I have clicked what I needed to, but I tried a bunch of other things anyway and it still wouldn't work. Starting the tutorial over just got me stuck at the same place again. Is there a way to bypass this part? Thank you in advance :)
Is there a move number in the tutorial the way there is in a game replay? If so, sharing that number will help us isolate where you're getting stuck.

You say that you're "...pretty sure [you] have clicked what [you] needed to...", but that's actually pretty vague when it comes to troubleshooting technical issues. Did you click on one of the face-up birds in the tray? If so, which one(s)? Did you click on the bird deck? If there was a "Draw all birds from deck" (or some such) button, did you click that?

Because there are many sets of potential answers to those questions, you can hopefully see why I find your description vague and why I find it difficult to know what advice to give.
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
Nastaa

Post by Nastaa »

Taking two cards happens twice in the tutorial, always with the Killdeer ability.

First time
1) click on the Killdeer to select an egg to discard
2) click on the Western Meadowlark in the tray to get the first card
3) click on the deck to get the second card (or click on the Draw from deck button above)

Second time
1) click on the Horned Lark to select an egg to discard
2) click on the Turkey Vulture in the tray to get the first card
3) click on the deck to get the second card (or click on the Draw from deck button above)

On the second time, if you select an egg of the Killdeer to discard (which would be totally fine in the game, but in the tutorial you need to follow exacly what was played), then you have the error message that you described ("You must play the move indicated in the tutorial.") when you try to click on the Turkey Vulture.
If this is where you are stuck, just press the cancel button on top and then select the Horned Lark instead to discard the egg.
If this is not where you are stuck I think we need more info to help you.
vivaldifollia

Post by vivaldifollia »

Nastaa wrote: 29 December 2022, 14:01 On the second time, if you select an egg of the Killdeer to discard (which would be totally fine in the game, but in the tutorial you need to follow exacly what was played), then you have the error message that you described ("You must play the move indicated in the tutorial.") when you try to click on the Turkey Vulture.
If this is where you are stuck, just press the cancel button on top and then select the Horned Lark instead to discard the egg.
If this is not where you are stuck I think we need more info to help you.
Thank you so much for your thorough response! It is the second instance the Killdeer ability is used in the tutorial where I'm getting the error message. And doing what you just wrote there worked, thank you so much! I needed to click on the Horned Lark instead of the Killdeer. I was getting the birds confused haha thanks again!!
Nastaa

Post by Nastaa »

You're welcome :)
Have awesome games!
3p1cFr3nzy

Post by 3p1cFr3nzy »

Apologies for not replying to this thread sooner -> I've had two other people have the same issue so I've just made it obvious what to do at the end.

Sorry again for the confusion I created by accident :(
bananasplay

Post by bananasplay »

3p1cFr3nzy wrote: 19 January 2023, 16:32 Apologies for not replying to this thread sooner -> I've had two other people have the same issue so I've just made it obvious what to do at the end.

Sorry again for the confusion I created by accident :(
Sounds like you're the tutorial's creator, then? If so, thanks for being responsive to player feedback. :-)
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.

Return to “Wingspan”