Arena mode - anyone think a 6-hex board would be better?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
greyshrike

Arena mode - anyone think a 6-hex board would be better?

Post by greyshrike »

Well, I adore Blooms!

I'm still a beginner, but it's really great. I find that the larger the board, the deeper and more interesting it is. So it seems strange to me that the default on the Arena mode is the 5-hex board, instead of the 6-hex board. (Since the Arena mode is supposed to be a "higher challenge" sort of play.)

Thoughts anyone? Am I crazy?

If enough players agreed, who could change it? (Presumably the developer? ... though I don't quite know the relationship between the developer of the game / owners of the web site)
RicardoRix

Re: Arena mode - anyone think a 6-hex board would be better?

Post by RicardoRix »

It likely changes from season to season.

Personally the 5 size board is still very competitive, even the 4 size board presents a challenge too.
greyshrike

Post by greyshrike »

RicardoRix wrote: 27 August 2020, 10:08 It likely changes from season to season.

Personally the 5 size board is still very competitive, even the 4 size board presents a challenge too.
Ok, thanks for your reply! I wasn't aware that it might change over seasons -- which, I guess just to add variety, would make sense.
i_am_ignis

Post by i_am_ignis »

I always play on a 6-hex board (and 10-hex on another site) but not in Arena mode. Blooms on a big board is great!
cybersport

Post by cybersport »

where can I play on a board bigger than 6?

Return to “Blooms”