Restrict Table

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Ag3ntOrange7

Restrict Table

Post by Ag3ntOrange7 »

I would like to suggest that when setting up a table, the administrator should have the option to restrict players on mobile devices (or at least phones) from joining a game. It would also need to stop a player from attempting to change to a mobile device once a game has begun.

I've just found that sometimes when I play a larger footprint/more complex game with someone on a mobile device, that player does not seem to always be able to play as quickly or is more likely to leave the game early.

Obviously, just an option to have. Maybe just for premium members? With the other restriction options, it feels like this one is missing.
voriki

Re: Restrict Table

Post by voriki »

I assume you mean for realtime tables?

I play both on mobile at home and desktop at work. Generally I wouldn't switch during a realtime game, but I could switch device during a game if there are connection issues.
MrBeardy

Post by MrBeardy »

Which game? I switch between devices regularly and never usually have an issue. BGA devs have said in other threads that interchangeability is a key thing they want to support and make work smoothly so I don't think this will get any traction. Being able to jump to mobile when the baby wakes is a key benefit for me. It stops me having to quit games, and that is better for everyone. I've honestly never found someone on mobile to be slower or worse than desktop but then perhaps I only play simpler games?!
Geomattics

Post by Geomattics »

I absolutely agree with this and wholehearted make the same suggestion. I don't know whaat it is but suddenly the matches with mobile players has jacked way up from my observations, but that play is always spotty and/or slow. Would really like to restrict out those not playing from a computer. If the system can recognize where they're playing from, then the system can filter them like the player ratings and reputation.
MrBeardy

Post by MrBeardy »

Again, which games?
Ag3ntOrange7

Post by Ag3ntOrange7 »

Definitely only real-time games.

Return to “Suggestions”