Please please can we have some option to nerf Hali B???

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
laggercat

Please please can we have some option to nerf Hali B???

Post by laggercat »

Hali B is so much stronger than the other wonders. There is no skill in playing with Hali B - its mostly just join-the-dots. There is zero satisfaction in winning with Hali B - don't kid yourself that you won because of your good decisions. Its just a very poor design in an otherwise amazingly well designed game.

We need some option here on BGA to nerf it. I don't care what it is. Anything. I am not asking for a permanent change for everyone, just an option for when you set up a game to make Hali B weaker. Please!
Lumin_S

Re: Please please can we have some option to nerf Hali B???

Post by Lumin_S »

The good news is that this option already exists. When making a game and choosing options, make sure you select Game Version: Old Edition
laggercat

Post by laggercat »

Hali B is just as strong in the Old Edition.
Lumin_S

Post by Lumin_S »

While trying to find sources for my response, I realized that you are the one who's accumulated so many statistics on 2nd Edition. So a big thanks to you for the threads here: viewtopic.php?t=22114

Can you share the statistics that support Hali B being as strong in the Old Edition? To me, balance is sufficiently described by the range in win% from worst to best at the common competitive player counts (3, 4, 5.)

My recollection is that I've seen statistics showing the range being smaller in Old Edition. However after some searching across BGA, BGG, reddit, and google, I haven't found a good data set on Old Edition win % by wonder. Perhaps you are more informed than I am?

Return to “7 Wonders”