Games not in BGA Studio

Game development with Board Game Arena Studio
RicardoRix

Re: Games not in BGA Studio

Post by RicardoRix »

Fletcheese wrote: 18 January 2023, 19:43 If you log a ticket and there is no response for two weeks, then a follow-up email/PM is appropriate imo
And then if there is no response, then what?
I've made several tickets and sent lots of emails. Nada.
At what point are you meant to take the hint. I'm not about to hunt down individuals.

On a separate case/project the publisher I am working with is trying to give BGA the license for the game I'm working on, has been for several months. Knowing what it's like, I'm not about to chase them up to open up a discussion on why it's not happening and opening a separate can of worms. I've given up, it's much more fun playing games on BGA than developing them.
Fletcheese

Post by Fletcheese »

RicardoRix wrote: 18 January 2023, 20:07
Fletcheese wrote: 18 January 2023, 19:43 If you log a ticket and there is no response for two weeks, then a follow-up email/PM is appropriate imo
Making several tickets is a bad idea because this clogs the queue and (at least if I were BGA) is annoying. One ticket per issue. Tickets should result in an automated response to your email. If no response at first, reply to that email. If still no response, discord PM Jurica like ufm suggested referencing your ticket asking politely for an update.

Obviously it should not take this long, but BGA is understaffed and sometimes things slip.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Fletcheese wrote: 18 January 2023, 20:46
RicardoRix wrote: 18 January 2023, 20:07
Making several tickets is a bad idea because this clogs the queue and (at least if I were BGA) is annoying. One ticket per issue. Tickets should result in an automated response to your email. If no response at first, reply to that email. If still no response, discord PM Jurica like ufm suggested referencing your ticket asking politely for an update.

Obviously it should not take this long, but BGA is understaffed and sometimes things slip.
So it's my fault that I'm clogging up the ticketing system...right. :/
This is a fine invisible tight-rope that we have to walk. How exactly did you learn the ways of the force? I didn't read any procedure like this from a recent official, 'Please developers contact us like this'.
https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27276

'sometimes things slip'- yeah that's putting it mildly.

Any PM in the past results back in a message to say - 'Please email us'. Which I've done. Many times.
FitBoy

Post by FitBoy »

Jellby wrote: 27 December 2022, 11:35 I was looking for the code for a couple of already published games, hoping to be able to fix a couple of bugs/issues, but can't find the games either in https://studio.boardgamearena.com/projects or in https://en.doc.boardgamearena.com/BGA_Code_Sharing

The games are:
KQJ (old game)
Blaze (relatively new game)

Is there no possibility of looking at their code and updating it?
On BGA studio, I'm currently working on a game. I already knew PHP, MySQL, HTML/CSS, and the fundamentals of Javascript. Even so, getting to know the platform required a significant learning curve.

One piece of good news: depending on what you're trying to accomplish, you may not need to know much MySQL. The majority of the work will be done in Javascript.
Fletcheese

Post by Fletcheese »

FitBoy wrote: 23 January 2023, 05:06 On BGA studio, I'm currently working on a game. I already knew PHP, MySQL, HTML/CSS, and the fundamentals of Javascript. Even so, getting to know the platform required a significant learning curve.

One piece of good news: depending on what you're trying to accomplish, you may not need to know much MySQL. The majority of the work will be done in Javascript.
I would say that my experience was similar, but there's always a big learning curve when learning a framework, nothing new here.
ufm

Post by ufm »

Last week I had an issue which required direct admin intervention.
Sent a ticket from here and I received the response via mail fairly quickly (within a week): https://studio.boardgamearena.com/support

Return to “Developers”