frankenStains Tierlists v.42 final final FINAL reworked, edited .... - or starting tips for newbies and semi-pros ;)

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
silentProtest

Re: frankenStains Tierlists v.42 final final FINAL reworked, edited .... - or starting tips for newbies and semi-pros ;)

Post by silentProtest »

Thanks for the answer :D

Funny how the gods are resolved with difference in high level playstyle and maybe usual opponents.
But gotta agree on the tokens.

PS: Thanks for the work ;)
exoone

Re: frankenStains Tierlists v.42 final final FINAL reworked, edited .... - or starting tips for newbies and semi-pros ;)

Post by exoone »

Can you explain Zeus a little bit? I think Zeus is pretty weak.
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

exoone wrote: 25 January 2023, 03:45 Can you explain Zeus a little bit? I think Zeus is pretty weak.
doubt you'd get a quick response from frank, so let me:
Zeus is essential to change the timing (who opens cards, who might get forced to give away a card) in age 3, or destroying win condition in age 2/3 or giving win condition in combination with marsoleum. That about sums it up^^
It can make extra turn wonder harder to use since you need to use zeus first to be sure you can keep timing (the destroy 2 cards plot not taken into account), assuming you lead and are trying to hold that position, or have a very specific win condition, and are almost sure to get it. which gives opponent useful turns opportunities and further economic pressure.

He is not "strong" per se, but he can be very much game deciding. In either case in a lot of the times you still want to place it on opponents first god place, and hope to not get into that critical situation or have foresight to counter that.
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

drsteelhammer wrote: 07 December 2022, 13:30 Why is the law token god so bad, doesnt it enable the science victory similarly well as the progress token?

And the roman God who removes the tokens is S++ if your opponent is heavily military?
token is complimentary - god costs money, which you do not have in a science rush - at least this is a reason that would come to mind ad hoc ;)
there are also way more of them :P
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

there is no pin function (that functions automaticaly or can be used by majority) - So I will be bumping the most useful posts/discussion - hope that is fine.
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

Im sorry - I tried - I wont be writing to ALL Admins and mods, to make THEIR platform better - bump
Patrick of the Isles

Post by Patrick of the Isles »

silentProtest wrote: 23 April 2023, 14:49 Im sorry - I tried - I wont be writing to ALL Admins and mods, to make THEIR platform better - bump
Edited because the original post came across a bit harsher than intended, but my point was that some people use forum notifications to find out when new information is posted and use sort-by-recent to see threads with new information on them. So posting a content-free bump to old threads can feel contrary to that purpose.
Last edited by Patrick of the Isles on 23 January 2024, 00:30, edited 4 times in total.
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

Patrick of the Isles wrote: 24 April 2023, 22:59
silentProtest wrote: 23 April 2023, 14:49 Im sorry - I tried - I wont be writing to ALL Admins and mods, to make THEIR platform better - bump
This account is posting the same nonsense message on several posts. Reporting for spam.
I was answering/documenting to the comment that I should ask a mod to pin the most important posts, for learning the game - I did -> no reaction - this I tried to coimmunicate on all 3 posts - just so you know!
silentProtest

Post by silentProtest »

Patrick of the Isles wrote: 24 April 2023, 22:59
This account is posting the same nonsense message on several posts. Reporting for spam.
to be more exact, I was reacting/concluding based on this post:
Jellby wrote: 21 March 2023, 21:32 If the threads deserve to be pinned, let the mods/admins pin them (there are pinned threads in other subforums, so it's possible). Artificially bumping threads just because you feel they should be in the front page looks like bad etiquette to me. If the threads are useful, they can be located by searching, they're not lost.
Shield For Your Eyes

Post by Shield For Your Eyes »

Thank you so much for all your effort, everyone! Just started learning the expansions this weekend after years of only playing the base game, and now i see why you all prefer this so much - this has been helpful in getting me off the ground =)

EDIT: Another thought i had re: why Ishtar is weak - besides money being an issue if you're all-in on science, the gods present so many other threats you have to defend against for a science win. There's just so often immediate pressure from Ra, Neptune, Hades if the opponent has a big political play with him, etc. Plus the ever-looming threat of the Gate...it's just hard to find time for a Law token amidst all the surrounding chaos. Science symbols don't present nearly that level of other dangers.

The other issue is that with the progress token row, you know at the start of the game whether Law is available or not. With the gods, on the other hand, you commonly have no way of knowing whether Ishtar is in the game until Age II. This makes it very risky to commit to heavy science in Age I, as you're pretty much screwed against a good player if you try it and she's not there. And if you don't get a bunch of science in Age I, a Law token win probably isn't in the cards anyway. Basically, the token in goddess form is much less of a sure thing than the token appearing on the row.

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”