Try for free

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
fruktansvärt

Re: Try for free

Post by fruktansvärt »

yarimwilliamsrobert wrote: 26 January 2023, 21:21 How can I get a free membership?
try 20 new games, and win one each.
or translate 100 strings to your language (other than english) and wait 30 days for them to get validated.
Boudica of Celtia

Post by Boudica of Celtia »

I am just disappointed that i get big ad telling me i can have free trial but in fact i cant. Only when i learn tons of games.
I hate empty promise. Ok to not offer it for free but please don't tell me so.
fruktansvärt

Post by fruktansvärt »

late stage capitalism.
nicch

Post by nicch »

Boudica of Celtia wrote: 27 January 2023, 01:57 I am just disappointed that i get big ad telling me i can have free trial but in fact i cant. Only when i learn tons of games.
I hate empty promise. Ok to not offer it for free but please don't tell me so.
No, you can also do it by giving credit card details.

Lots of services are similar. Netflix used to do month trial without paying, now you need a credit card, they take a payment but refund if you cancel in 30 days.
Watno

Post by Watno »

However, I know of no other service that cancels your trial subscription immediately when you decide you don't want to pay after the trial period.
Bonehead001

Post by Bonehead001 »

However, I know of no other service that cancels your trial subscription immediately when you decide you don't want to pay after the trial period.
If you choose to give BGA your Credit card info, then you will gain premium membership, then go straight in and cancel your premium membership. you will not be charged a cent and you will retain your premium membership for one full month.
Watno

Post by Watno »

Bonehead001 wrote: 28 January 2023, 10:48
If you choose to give BGA your Credit card info, then you will gain premium membership, then go straight in and cancel your premium membership. you will not be charged a cent and you will retain your premium membership for one full month.
Unless this got changed recently, this is just not true.
Bonehead001

Post by Bonehead001 »

Unless this got changed recently, this is just not true
Could have. Bummer!
fruktansvärt

Post by fruktansvärt »

Watno wrote: 27 January 2023, 19:55 However, I know of no other service that cancels your trial subscription immediately when you decide you don't want to pay after the trial period.
apple TV+ will give you 3 free trial months if you buy an apple product, but if you cancel, the trial ends immediately.
so you want to cancel just before the trial ends.
Bonehead001

Post by Bonehead001 »

Any reason why this has been changed (we know the reasoning behind such business practices) - $$$

Return to “Discussions”