Newbie seeks to understand teams

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
misterbruno

Newbie seeks to understand teams

Post by misterbruno »

I have not played a game of Concept yet but I want to. I'm confused about how members of a team collaborate to come up with clues. As the rules say:
The team members should talk and consult with one another discreetly as they might not be thinking along the same lines when it comes to giving clues!
Is there a special chat session where the teammates can discuss strategies? Do we just use normal direct messages with the player?
GeraldineMerida

Re: Newbie seeks to understand teams

Post by GeraldineMerida »

I have played this several times using the in-game voice chat option. although the other players can hear what you say to your partner, we've found it easy to be discreet enough in what we are alluding to that you don't give anything away.

If you don't think you could manage that, you could always arrange to play in teams with 2 Discord chats, but I really don't think that should be necessary.
Snowcrash000

Re: Newbie seeks to understand teams

Post by Snowcrash000 »

misterbruno wrote: 09 January 2023, 19:02 I have not played a game of Concept yet but I want to. I'm confused about how members of a team collaborate to come up with clues. As the rules say:
The team members should talk and consult with one another discreetly as they might not be thinking along the same lines when it comes to giving clues!
Is there a special chat session where the teammates can discuss strategies? Do we just use normal direct messages with the player?
I have played this several times and people simply don't discuss strategies and give their own clues instead. This is why I prefer to play this in solo mode.

Return to “Concept”