Major problem with the game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Snowcrash000

Major problem with the game

Post by Snowcrash000 »

It forces you to take time penalties, which is why I will not play it anymore until this gets fixed, even though I was really starting to like it.

Basically, if you are a clue giver, your timer will keep ticking down until the other team gets the word or gives up. If they take longer than your timer, then you will get a time penalty yourself, which is ridiculous.

This could easily be fixed by making it so that clicking on "I give up" stops the timer for yourself.
RicardoRix

Re: Major problem with the game

Post by RicardoRix »

yeah it's not good. Pretty sure there are bug reports about it.

For a fun casual game that's close to a co-operative game it's not very cool that in nearly every game, someone inadvertently ends up with a time penalty.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Snowcrash000 wrote: 25 January 2023, 00:24 It forces you to take time penalties, which is why I will not play it anymore until this gets fixed, even though I was really starting to like it.

Basically, if you are a clue giver, your timer will keep ticking down until the other team gets the word or gives up. If they take longer than your timer, then you will get a time penalty yourself, which is ridiculous.

This could easily be fixed by making it so that clicking on "I give up" stops the timer for yourself.
No, it's not as simple as that. It's already giving you Time for any action. The problem is at the end of a word when suddenly the time drop down by a lot immediately. This is a bga bug that i cant fix a as game dev, hopefully admins will fix it at some points.
Snowcrash000

Post by Snowcrash000 »

Tisaac wrote: 25 January 2023, 07:57
Snowcrash000 wrote: 25 January 2023, 00:24 It forces you to take time penalties, which is why I will not play it anymore until this gets fixed, even though I was really starting to like it.

No, it's not as simple as that. It's already giving you Time for any action. The problem is at the end of a word when suddenly the time drop down by a lot immediately. This is a bga bug that i cant fix a as game dev, hopefully admins will fix it at some points.
Simply awarding more time for actions, but still letting the timer run down until the other team gets the word or gives up is problematic as well though. At some point, you don't want to take any more actions as the clue giver, so you will still get into a time penalty if the other team takes a long time to guess. There needs to be a way to stop the timer. Alternatively, there should be a time limit for the guessing team, which would be good for the game in general.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Snowcrash000 wrote: 28 January 2023, 18:03
Tisaac wrote: 25 January 2023, 07:57

Simply awarding more time for actions, but still letting the timer run down until the other team gets the word or gives up is problematic as well though. At some point, you don't want to take any more actions as the clue giver, so you will still get into a time penalty if the other team takes a long time to guess. There needs to be a way to stop the timer. Alternatively, there should be a time limit for the guessing team, which would be good for the game in general.
No. The timer in bga is here for a good reason, just play in training mode if you dont want any timer.
And there is already a max timer on the guessing team, after which you are allowed to skip the word.

Return to “Concept”