Bad Spanish translation of Innovation

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
niperris

Bad Spanish translation of Innovation

Post by niperris »

Some months ago I translated a big part of the basic Innovation game and Artifacts of History expansion. I reviewed some translations (some were even mine) in order to maintain coherence between terms and to ensure the wording was better.
Last month a new version of Innovation with expansions was added to BGA, so a new translation was needed. I'm seeing now that all cards and texts for the new version have been translated but the translation is extreamly bad. It does not reflect game mechanics, does not use the same translation for the same term, omits a lot of information on the cards... It seems a fast Google Translate job, indeed.
I've been trying to fix those translations, but, as long as every string is already translated, it is really difficult to know which texts I've been through and which are still to be revised.
Is there a way to delete that translation? Who is in charge of validating the translations so they can check what I'm pointing?

I'm worried because the spanish translation is completely useless right now and fixing it would take an awful lot of time in this state (and perhaps nobody will be motivated enough to complete this task.

Any thoughts on this issue?
Micah Stairs

Re: Bad Spanish translation of Innovation

Post by Micah Stairs »

Hello! Translations are automatically validated after 30 days without modification. There's not an easy way to find and delete those bad translations, as far as I'm aware.

Perhaps the best approach would be to use the "Browse all cards" button that I added to the game, and open up the "Echoes" tab, since the majority of the new text is coming from those cards. You could go through the cards age by age and lookup the text you want to fix.
Micah Stairs

Post by Micah Stairs »

Actually you can also see recently translated text here: https://boardgamearena.com/translation? ... ype=recent. Maybe that will help?
niperris

Post by niperris »

Thanks for the advice. It seems that it will be a tedious task...
I'll see if I get in the right mood. I didn't expect to have to do it this way and it seems a lot of additional work to keep track of everything.
Thanks again!
Micah Stairs

Post by Micah Stairs »

If you figure out who submitted the bad translations, you can also restrict the search to them?
niperris

Post by niperris »

Micah Stairs wrote: 29 January 2023, 20:10 If you figure out who submitted the bad translations, you can also restrict the search to them?
I'm doing it that way. It's 5 pages long... I'm done with the first one.

Thanks for the advice.

Return to “Innovation”