Suggestion for reviewing the games

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Signy33

Suggestion for reviewing the games

Post by Signy33 »

Hi,

I'd like to ask what you think about a suggestion I made.

When reviewing a game, you cannot chose the layout (table/non stacked vs stacked).
It is automatically the layout the chosen player uses themselves rather than the one the reviewing player has chosen.
Lots of people find the table layout (non stacked) much harder to use, so I believe it would be much more comfortable if that was an option.

Reviewing games is a good way to learn from mistakes, so I think it is worth implementing.

Do you prefer the stacked or non stacked layout ? Does it bother you when reviewing a game if it's not your prefered layout ?

If you think it's a good idea you can upvote it : https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=78810
GeraldineMerida

Re: Suggestion for reviewing the games

Post by GeraldineMerida »

I always select non-stacked when playing and find it much clearer, but when watching a game, it doesn't bother me that much if the layout is not my preference.

I can see it might be a big deal to relatively new players though.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

I don't think that's a Hanabi-specific issue, I haven't seen any game where you can change the display settings (maybe some things like zoom level) in a replay, including tutorials.
Blacktango

Post by Blacktango »

Hi,

Since I play Hanabi with Stack mode layout (and even a custom theme), I would prefer to see the review of the game always with this configuration, instead of the one of the player I am reviewing.

As Jelby said it's not about Hanabi directly, the review is a general feature, implemented for all the games.
I upvoted the suggestion btw :)

Return to “Hanabi”