Astra is now in alpha!

Future games in need of testing and feedback
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Mogri

Astra is now in alpha!

Post by Mogri »

Astra is a clever mix of tactics and strategy, with a streamlined and intuitive rule set that makes it easy to pick up and quick to play. A game of Astra consists of continuous player turns until a certain number of Constellation cards are taken, when, after an endgame scoring, the player with the most Fame points wins.

On your player turn, you may choose to either Observe or Rest.

The Observe action allows you to spend Stardust to discover stars on the Constellation cards using your dry erase marker. You may only mark stars in a straight continuous line, but you may spend Telescope tokens to start new observations. As soon as you mark the last star in a Constellation, you take the card from the Night Sky, granting you a powerful reusable ability for the rest of the game. But other players also benefit from the discovery: based on how many stars they marked, they may choose one of the card’s instant benefits (Boons) at the time it is discovered.

The Rest action allows you to not only refill your Stardust up to your capacity, but also to reactivate all of your card abilities that match the currently active Sphere. Your card abilities are very powerful and strategy-enabling, so a well-timed Rest action can give you a huge advantage.

Reviewer page
Alpha group
BGG page

Special thanks to Mindclash Games for making this possible!
Zniwiarz86

Re: Astra is now in alpha!

Post by Zniwiarz86 »

Can I be added to tester group?
TioFred

Post by TioFred »

Awesome! I hope Mindclash enjoy BGA and maybe let Anachrony get life here.

Do you need testers? I'm on it if you will, unfortunately still missing some matches
to fulfill the alpha reviewer requirements.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Astra is looking really good! Testing-wise, we're just a couple approvals away of where we'd like to be, so if you're looking for a fun game to try out just post here and we can add you as an alpha tester.
winterbluerose

Post by winterbluerose »

Can I be added please?

Return to “"Alpha" games”