Arena Turn Based Time Too Long

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
harmonius

Re: Arena Turn Based Time Too Long

Post by harmonius »

MagnusNygaard wrote: 29 January 2023, 10:47
Jellby wrote: 29 January 2023, 08:57 I'm sorry to inform you that your troubles with finding players apply to for most games on the site. There are almost 600 available games, and not enough active players to keep a supply of tables for all of them, and I guess it's worse for premium games. At least this is a 2-player game, try to find a real-time (or even turn-based) table for KQJ! (a 6-player-only game).
Honestly that's the same problem IRL...
So true 👍
Malarkeyy

Post by Malarkeyy »

I'm sorry to inform you that your troubles with finding players apply to most games on the site.
Nope, not true. I hear there are just as much Real-time games going on in (M44) BGA as there were on the Days of Wonder site. Days of Wonder was much better (Blows BGA out of the water) providing real-time, M44 play.
Noobie007

Post by Noobie007 »

Nobody plays this game anymore. For a simple two player game...nobody plays live...been waiting for such a long time :(
Waikirikiri

Post by Waikirikiri »

Noobie007 wrote: 31 January 2023, 07:23 Nobody plays this game anymore. For a simple two player game...nobody plays live...been waiting for such a long time :(
Simply not true.

Lots of us still play.
(Those who are not live, the dead, do not play.)
Last edited by Waikirikiri on 31 January 2023, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
jeroenh

Post by jeroenh »

There are currently over 2300 turn-based games of Memoir44 in progress, putting it in the top 15 of most popular games.
Wiking44

Post by Wiking44 »

jeroenh wrote: 31 January 2023, 10:01 There are currently over 2300 turn-based games of Memoir44 in progress, putting it in the top 15 of most popular games.
I think the OP was talking about Real Time games
A lot of players have 25 or more turn based games going on at once so 2000+ games is really not a lot of players
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Wiking44 wrote: 31 January 2023, 15:25
jeroenh wrote: 31 January 2023, 10:01 There are currently over 2300 turn-based games of Memoir44 in progress, putting it in the top 15 of most popular games.
I think the OP was talking about Real Time games
A lot of players have 25 or more turn based games going on at once so 2000+ games is really not a lot of players
According to my stats, half of the games are real time, and memoir is the 28th most played game currently, which is quite nice considering the large number of games
Noobie007

Post by Noobie007 »

According to my stats, half of the games are real time
Then it's all good. Ignore the truth. The Truth of the matter is; If it's not Arena (I assume), if it's not Random, if it's not turn base...it is not going to happen. Just try creating a Game and see if you get any takers. So, this is BGA, it is not Days of Wonder...no comparison...this is the end of real-time play, for M44. Arena might be better, but who wants to be stuck with Random all the time.
Utred

Post by Utred »

Arena is not going to be an option for Noobs. You're just going to have to create a game Choosing Flexible, in your options. 99.9% of games are going to be set up using Random. It might not be the same as DoW, but it is all we have. It might not be worth the wait, but it is what it is.
Here at BGA M44 players love turn base, love random, love Arena - Love for the game...maybe not so much.
Waikirikiri

Post by Waikirikiri »

Noobie007 wrote: 01 February 2023, 03:20
According to my stats, half of the games are real time
Then it's all good. Ignore the truth. The Truth of the matter is; If it's not Arena (I assume), if it's not Random, if it's not turn base...it is not going to happen. Just try creating a Game and see if you get any takers. So, this is BGA, it is not Days of Wonder...no comparison...this is the end of real-time play, for M44. Arena might be better, but who wants to be stuck with Random all the time.
If you don't like how the game is played then don't play it.

No-one is forcing you to play.

Stop criticizing those who have different views to yours and prefer to play real time matches.

Your name suggests you are new.
I suggest you watch and learn before giving the rest of us your advice.

For context I was one of the original DoW M44 beta testers.
I have played over 10,000 real time M44 games.
I don't enjoy turn based play especially when has to wait a long time for an opponent to make an obvious retreat before one can continue one's turn.

Return to “Memoir 44”