iPad tooltip display

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Carluccio8080

iPad tooltip display

Post by Carluccio8080 »

Enjoying this game a lot but because the card images are low res I have to rely on hovering over the card and reading the tooltip. This is fine on PC but on iPad the tooltip doesn’t display (you can’t hover on touchscreen).

I’d really like to play this on the iPad so does anyone have any suggestion?

Also I’m pretty new but I see there was an iPad app but now it’s gone, what’s the story with that?

Thanks!
peyou64

Re: iPad tooltip display

Post by peyou64 »

Same issue on iPhone. The Card display isn't always working, it's a bit annoying when you don't know very well the cards. I only play turn per turn on a computer now, impossible in real time from my iPhone.
federspiel30

Post by federspiel30 »

Hi,

I use a ipad and can also not read the text on the cards. Its a pitty. Would love to play the game.

Paul
Skyclark

Post by Skyclark »

I was playing with a friend who was using an iPad. He was able to "double tap" the card (which brought the card into better view-like when hovering over it with the mouse on a desktop). The problem was that if he didn't tap "just right" it would actually choose the card instead of just enlarging it. Might be something you need to experiment with.
tonesmybones

Post by tonesmybones »

Have the developers responded to this?
arsky

Post by arsky »

I play on an iPhone 12. This is tedious, but when drafting at the beginning I can tap on a card when my phone is being held vertically and it will pop up with the larger screen showing the text of the card. But it only works one time. So from there, I have to go back to the game’s info screen and reselect “Go To Game.” I continue doing this until I know what card I want to choose, the I turn my phone horizontal and tap the card—it selects the card and continues the draft.

Obviously, on the laptop is easier!
Tricky_Warlord

Post by Tricky_Warlord »

arsky wrote: 17 March 2022, 07:13 I play on an iPhone 12. This is tedious, but when drafting at the beginning I can tap on a card when my phone is being held vertically and it will pop up with the larger screen showing the text of the card. But it only works one time. So from there, I have to go back to the game’s info screen and reselect “Go To Game.” I continue doing this until I know what card I want to choose, the I turn my phone horizontal and tap the card—it selects the card and continues the draft.

Obviously, on the laptop is easier!
So you have to really really want to play Seasons to try to play on the iPhone or iPad, is what I am taking away from this thread. Thanks. Higher res images of the cards with legible text would fix a lot of issues here.

Return to “Seasons”