Android/chrome issues

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
pinkyandthebrain

Android/chrome issues

Post by pinkyandthebrain »

Is anyone else having difficulties loading the lobby whilst using chrome on an android mobile? For the last few days it has been hit and miss whether the screen freezes and crashes. When this happens I can't use back button nor open new tab, I have to close chrome, reload the chrome app and quickly alter url so it doesn't try to get the lobby page again.

I can load the home page ok but if I try /lobby directly from history autofill suggestion most times it freezes (it gets as far as loading background with that blue purple cloud logo). From the home page drop down menu, the 'play now' option can get me to the lobby though it is very laggy. Chrome freezing also occurs when a game finishes and I click one of the buttons to take me back to the lobby. BGA is the only site I have difficulty with, and I have tried deleting cookies etc. and starting over but it changes nothing. Even before this week, since the upgrade, I have noticed it has slowed down such that you think the lobby page has loaded yet when you click one of the buttons such as join table or create you end up somewhere else as it hasn't fully loaded ( you think you have clicked to join table Y but the screen takes you to table X). Should I consider switching from playing in my browser to downloading the app when playing on a phone? Thanks all!

TLDR: Anyone having issues with mobile browser play, is BGA heading towards app being best for mobiles.
RebelliousUno

Re: Android/chrome issues

Post by RebelliousUno »

Yes, finding the lobby area really laggy. Freezing chrome to the point of Android trying to kill it

This site redesign doesn't seem great to me
pinkyandthebrain

Post by pinkyandthebrain »

Thanks, in a way that's reassuring that I'm not the only one. I have only heard anecdotally from a few players that think it has slowed down recently but not crashing for them.
Seeing as there was little in the forum, still thought that perhaps it could be my phone.
robinzig

Post by robinzig »

I'm getting the same on Chrome on my Android phone with the "games in progress" page. Whenever reloading it, it becomes unresponsive and eventually I'm prompted to kill it. I work around it now by always going to other pages to see if it's my move (via the red circle in the top bar).

It's been like this for a few days now.
vichy

Post by vichy »

Same here
RavingWanderer

Post by RavingWanderer »

I am finding BGA entirely useless on Android Chrome-based browsers (including the app, Chrome, Ghostery, and Vivaldi). No pages load, just the spinning icon. Happens for home page, lobby, games in progress.

I don't know if this is due to any recent changes in the browsers, or in BGA.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Just a note to say that this is due to the increasing number of games on BGA (so this is especially visible if you played a lot a different games).

We are working on a solution for both the games list and the lobby. The easiest is the gamelist for which you should see a huge improvement soon.
frogstar_A

Post by frogstar_A »

sourisdudesert wrote: 25 March 2022, 16:33 Just a note to say that this is due to the increasing number of games on BGA (so this is especially visible if you played a lot a different games).

We are working on a solution for both the games list and the lobby. The easiest is the gamelist for which you should see a huge improvement soon.
Thanks it’s good to hear you are on to it. It’s very slow opening the lobby on my android tablet too!
RedStrawberry8422

Post by RedStrawberry8422 »

I’m having issues using chrome browser on a chrome book. Very laggy and slow during a game if I’ve been playing for awhile at a time. I have also run into issues in specific games when I cannot choose a monster in king of Tokyo, for example, like I cannot see the options at all. So I end up having to make sure I choose a game with “ random monster” and hope it works out ok still. Then just yesterday, a pop up in 7wa showed up for a certain gameplay. I could select a card or two but the confirm button would not highlight or or acknowledge that I clicked it. I refreshed many times, opened a new window, etc. finally it went to the next screen and acknowledged my click when I did confirm but it seemed to accept it randomly. I resulted in time penalties and had other waiting on me.

I don’t know if it chrome, the chrome book, my internet or what. I’m going to download Firefox to see if that changes anything.
Freewheel3

Post by Freewheel3 »

I can't see all my cards if hand is bigger than 9, and don't see how I can shift cards

Return to “Discussions”