Getting punished for slow turns but actually server is SLOW

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
zambaleikum

Getting punished for slow turns but actually server is SLOW

Post by zambaleikum »

Hey everyone, I'm new to BGA and really enjoy it but every once in a while the server is reaaaally slow and I get punished or even in this case kicked out of the game because the server. That's very frustrating to me, especially if like in the last game the loosing opponent uses my run out time to kick me out and win. Is there anything I can do?
RicardoRix

Re: Getting punished for slow turns but actually server is SLOW

Post by RicardoRix »

The server response will be the same for everybody, it does not distinguish between players and locations.

Instead are you talking about your internet connection and/or the device you're using?
dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 »

Whenever you have the feeling that something on the website is fishy during a game, the game is stuck somehow, reload the page. E.g., by press of F5 on the keyboard.
Regularly restart your browser.
zambaleikum

Post by zambaleikum »

thanks for your response.

I don't think its my devise, I use a new macbook air and most of the time everything runs smoothly. I also don't believe its my internet connection.

I have seen the advise to use F5 before, but on my macbook this key just seems to active a voice recorder.. idk, I might just be a complete noob :D
JackNapis

Post by JackNapis »

If F5 doesn't work for you to reload the page, you can press Command-R or click the reload icon in the browser toolbar instead. They all do the same thing.
FitBoy

Post by FitBoy »

zambaleikum wrote: 02 February 2023, 20:02 thanks for your response.

I don't think its my devise, I use a new macbook air and most of the time everything runs smoothly. I also don't believe its my internet connection.

I have seen the advise to use F5 before, but on my macbook this key just seems to active a voice recorder.. idk, I might just be a complete noob :D
I understand your frustration, and it's good to hear that you have a new MacBook Air and a reliable internet connection. Regarding the issue with the F5 key, on MacBooks, the F5 key is often associated with activating the VoiceOver feature rather than refreshing a web page.

To refresh a web page on a MacBook M7, you can try using the following alternative keyboard shortcuts:

Command + R: This combination will refresh the current page in most web browsers.
Command + Shift + R: This combination performs a hard refresh, which can be helpful if you're experiencing caching issues.
Give these shortcuts a try and see if they work for refreshing the page in Minecraft or any other applications you're using. If the issue persists, it might be worth exploring other troubleshooting steps or reaching out to the support channels specific to the software or game you're experiencing the problem with.
Last edited by FitBoy on 20 May 2023, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
Gulchen

Post by Gulchen »

fn + F5 ​ is another keyboard shortcut that may refresh the page.

Return to “Discussions”