Player blocking the alpha review process

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Shobu

Player blocking the alpha review process

Post by Shobu »

A player is blockng one of my alpha match (and one from another table),seemingly on purpose. He hasn't played since december while he does real-time on reguar basis in january. Also plays very slow (usual waiting time one week).
That usually won't be a problem, but alpha card game are a nightmare to review, and our soon-to-die match was launched in .... August. And collected so far very few votes.
Opinions?
SwHawk

Re: Player blocking the alpha review process

Post by SwHawk »

Since the game is in alpha, you can quit and you won't get any penalty since it's a training mode game. I understand the frustration of losing one game or of the three needed to write a review, but since the player isn't interested anymore...
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

You can also red thumb them privately so at least you won't get into this situation again.

But I agree there should be a way to do more: reviewers have to meet a high standard to be chosen, so should maintain a decent standard of sportsmanship, regularity of play, etc. afterwards.
Shobu

Post by Shobu »

yes i agree, it's not just an early-access.
There's only 2 alpha matches for this (great) game, and both are stuck ..
Philoupino

Post by Philoupino »

Do not hesitate to tell the name of your alpha game, you could get more partners ;)
Shobu

Post by Shobu »

Can't this player demoted from the alpha test status? He still refuse to play ...
I thought alpha was for the "good player", not for people ruining games review on purpsoe
Please note that this is not just a classic user review! It's an expert player review, and you are giving your greenlight to the game when you give your approval. We count on you to provide constructive criticism and suggestions to the developer so that they can make the improvements needed for their adaptation to be on par with the best on BGA!

Return to “Discussions”